HID Headlights.......... by podge

• Related topics: (no related topics)

podge
This is on BBC1 tonight......http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13147629
I find the glare from them a real pain........

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 17:39 #1 

Duncan
Shame it was such a poorly researched report though.

I believe properly adjusted and clean HIDs can be really good to see by. Dirty, poorly adjusted ones are awful for other road users, but that said, so are dirty or poorly adjusted standard headlamps. HIDs fitted as OE have proper automatic level control, and headlamp washers. There are unfortunately many kits around to convert standard headlamps to HID (High Intensity Discharge), and these don't have those safeguards as standard.

That doesn't mean that retrofit HIDs are automatically bad, just that the chance of them being a problem is higher. The report touched on this, but largely glossed those issues.

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 18:29 #2 

Tourerfogey
Should be banned. Full stop. No argument. I'm right. You're wrong. End of conversation. So there.

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 19:13 #3 

raistlin
Tourerfogey wrote:Should be banned. Full stop. No argument. I'm right. You're wrong. End of conversation. So there.

But do you have an opinion? :lol: :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 19:44 #4 

podge
When I am coming home on late shift,its almost all motorway miles.Every one of the cars that goes by me with these,I find I have to put my hand up to stop the glare from the door mirror.

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 19:51 #5 

Duncan
Tourerfogey wrote:Should be banned. Full stop. No argument. I'm right. You're wrong. End of conversation.

So there.

:confused:

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 20:10 #6