Help!!!! Mc Guard keys tool by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
HI can anyone help with getting my locking wheel nuts of the car after doing several jobs on the car over the past week wheels on and off the security Guard tool as started to slip so now i can not remove my wheel is there a place i can purchase a new one or another way of getting the offending nuts off any help or info is most appreciated. Arctic

Cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 10:17 #1 

Zeb
Unfortunately the six sided clover lock nut remover seems impossible to obtain....all the new ones turn out to be four sided. Best advice is to get or borrow a lock nut removal kit...which wrecks them...and then put something better on...

Summat like this will do it..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Franklin-7pc-1-2- ... 335e0c5282

Or maybe you can borrow a set from your local garage like I did?

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 10:20 #2 

Hommer
Hi ,don't mess about with them , take it to your local tyre / accessory shop and get them to get them off ,thats what I had to do then get another set of locking bolt or just a new set of bolts don't replace with another set of Mc Guards or you'll have the same prob in time to come :mrgreen:

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 11:33 #3 

Duncan
McGard also have a help line, which they say should sort you out.

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 11:36 #4 

Ragman
As long as you have the key number McGard will send you a new one (for a fee of course) I went through 3 of them before resorting to welding a nut onto the offending wheelbolt, removing it (the wheelbolt) and throwing all the locking ones away

MCgard were very helpful and efficient but the bolts are too much agro

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 17:07 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Yes found these as you say but how do these work anyone know :confused:
http://tinyurl.com/3znftdn
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 22:31 #6 

Ragman
These did not work on my Apex's as there is not enough space around the wheelbolt for these to fit over the wheelbolt

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 22:45 #7 

Bernard
Arctic wrote:Hi Yes found these as you say but how do these work anyone know :confused:

If they are like the set from Irwin that I have, then they have a sharp edged left-hand coarse thread which will bite into and screw onto the bolt head as you turn them CCW.

Difficulty with the McGard bolts is the rotating sleeve though.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 22:47 #8 

Ragman
Bernard wrote:
Arctic wrote:Hi Yes found these as you say but how do these work anyone know :confused:

Difficulty with the McGard bolts is the rotating sleeve though.

Thanks Bernard knew there was another reason they were of no use

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 22:54 #9 

jamesgreen
I have a tool which i can lend you you will have to pay the postage though as it is quite heavy.Its called a dynomec.pm or email me if you want to use it

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 20:21 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI James .
PM sent with regards to posting cheers Arctic. :hail:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 09:52 #11 

Arctic
(Trader)
jamesgreen wrote:I have a tool which i can lend you you will have to pay the postage though as it is quite heavy.Its called a dynomec.pm or email me if you want to use it

Special thanks to James for the offer of his wheel locking stud remover, however i managed to find a Rover garage (Summit) whom directed me to a tyre chap he removed all four locking studs :clap: but at a cost so please take my advise do not over tighten those locking studs/nuts as i did all it caused me was grief and money to the tune of £40 :roll: money which could have been spent else where on the car. Also many thanks to all tried to help with links and ideas etc. Arctic :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 Apr 2011, 11:48 #12