Hello by orbinrangle

• Related topics: (no related topics)

orbinrangle
Just saying hello. Had one Rover 75 from new but sadly wrote it off recently. Now have another. Anyone down Devon way?

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 17:23 #1 

MrB
Welcome to the community.

Seems to be a bit of a Devon invasion today.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 17:24 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi, welcome. :)

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 18:38 #3 

Rammie
Hello Robin and welcome.

Devonian born & bred, Ilfracombe & Barnstaple respectively but now living in Derbyshire.

Glad to have you along.

:cheers:
Brian

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 18:44 #4 

Bartonrover
orbinrangle wrote:Just saying hello. Had one Rover 75 from new but sadly wrote it off recently. Now have another. Anyone down Devon way?

Welcome to the community! Got married in Devon - rarely go there now! ;)

Losing a 75 you've had from new must be very hard - I have had mine from new too. Hope you got a well looked after replacement. Robert

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 20:16 #5 

orbinrangle
Been lucky--the previous was a new and unregistered one I found in November 2007, so was on a 57 plate. A 2.5 V6 I had converted to LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas). It was a high speed accident and I'm very fortunate to have been able to walk away from it with minor damage to myself. Took out quite a lot of wooden fence on the A11 slip road coming off the M11 north.
Now have a diesel tourer with lower mileage than my dearly departed car, and a genuine one owner vehicle. Seems to do about a thousand to the gallon.....

Posted 06 Sep 2010, 10:37 #6 

Chartermark
Know that M11 junction very well, and a nasty one it is too, Fortunately 75's are well built!

Welcome to the Club and share great affection for your part of the world ...

Martin

Posted 06 Sep 2010, 15:33 #7 

JohnDotCom
Welcome to the Community. :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Sep 2010, 16:06 #8