Gone Blue by zojosc (Page 2 of 3)

Bermudan 75
zojosc wrote:Well I have now turned blue and had all my privilegies taken away from me. Not going to rush to go red again as the general feeling now seems to be take your time over everything if we can be bothered in the first place! ;)

I too am blue, can't understand why, :roll:

I think I would laugh if I received a welcome pack.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 07:58 #21 

Ragman
raistlin wrote:
nisfo wrote:
raistlin wrote:Well, I haven't paid the higher charge, probably being one of the few remaining subscribed members paying the earlier charge but I received my pack today, as I thought I would.

Hmmm, does that mean I shall recieve mine "Welcome Pack?" Even though I am Roverless for a short while......lol

I would hope that all those who were subscribed members when the idea was put forward would be included. But what would you do with them if Roverless, as you say?

Are they rare enough for fleabay? ;) :gmc:

Only the one's without the excess postage charge :stirer: :gmc:

Still awaiting mine - not holding my breath - be dead before it arrives

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 09:27 #22 

raistlin
I got a bollocking from a mod yesterday for replying to a post that I found particularly pejorative, rather than leaving it to go unchallenged. The PM form the mod was made within minutes of me having made my comment, which I thought was pretty a pretty rapid response.

Apparently, that's tit-for-tat and I shouldn't do it.

I replied asking for, among other things, a an explanation as to why it was OK for certain members to post disparaging comments but it was not OK to challenge them and an explanation as to how that could be seen as tit-for-tat.

The speed of response is not quite so rapid this time. In fact, there has been no response. :evil:

The problem is, left to my own devices, the only explanations I can come up with involve the same word... clique. :confused:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:15 #23 

Last edited by raistlin on 17 Sep 2010, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

zojosc
Price of Post Office shares seem to be sooring! Wonder why? :roll:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:44 #24 

Zeb
Ah, now, that would depend on who the bollocking was from see.....

As in all walks of life, even-handedness in moddery is sometimes more even than others... :D

I don't think I will be getting a members' pack.....thus saving myself £1.19...and the cost of fuel to go to the sorting office...my address simply says 'Members' pack not required'...not through any fits of pique you understand...merely the fact that it has proven SUCH a struggle to produce these things correctly, gather the necessary items in one location, collect the data required to post them, pay the correct postage etc. I just could not bring myself to increase the workload any further. :-|

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:46 #25 

Bernard
To bastardise another well known saying 'I am a liberal, you are a bigot.....etc.'

I don't know why we are obsessed with following this members pack issue, it's like watching a disaster movie I suppose.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:54 #26 

Zeb
Bernard wrote:To bastardise another well known saying 'I am a liberal, you are a bigot.....etc.'

I don't know why we are obsessed with following this members pack issue, it's like watching a disaster movie I suppose.

Morbid curiosity... a car club's very own car crash....in very very very slow motion. It isn't pretty to watch, one gets no pleasure from seeing it but it is a source of much gallows humour and seems aptly symbolic in the prevailing circumstances.

I note the sections 'Top Posters' and 'Top referrers' appears to have been deleted... and there is currently no access to members' profiles whatsoever...barring one's own..:?

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:59 #27 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:To bastardise another well known saying 'I am a liberal, you are a bigot.....etc.'

I can excuse a mistake, or even an avalanche of mistakes, as is the membership pack debacle, because none of us are immune.

What I can't excuse is the way the club's ethos, philosophy, call it what you will, if it ever had one, is going.

When members of a forum are resigned to, or even fearful of, the probability that they will be ridiculed for daring to have a point of view at odds with the de facto standard, then it's time to take a long hard look at why.
Paul

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 11:18 #28 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:I can excuse a mistake, or even an avalanche of mistakes, as is the membership pack debacle, because none of us are immune.

What I can't excuse is the way the club's ethos, philosophy, call it what you will, if it ever had one, is going.

When members of a forum are resigned to, or even fearful of, the probability that they will be ridiculed for daring to have a point of view at odds with the de facto standard, then it's time to take a long hard look at why.

I don't think that it's difficult or takes long to see why, frankly.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 11:36 #29 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:I don't think that it's difficult or takes long to see why, frankly.

If it is as obvious as it seems at first sight Bernard then, in my view, it's a disgrace. That's why I gave the benefit of the doubt in thinking that there may be a deeper problem.
Paul

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 11:43 #30 

JohnDotCom
Dodo refused to pay the £1.19p and told the PO to return to sender,
she was told that they will be charged on receipt. :D :gmc:

I believe she also responded on a post over there, must have a butchers later.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 11:58 #31 

Bermudan 75
Yes, I can just imagine a little footnote in the annual accounts for the Post Office for 2010/2011,

'Despite the recession the Post Office performed particularly above expectations, in part due to the numerous £1.19 charges made to members of a certain Rover 75/ZT organisation for non delivery of postal items'.

:roll:

Mike

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 14:33 #32 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:Oh dear! yet another hiccup in the never ending saga.

Members are getting stuffed for £1.19 penalty postal charge because not enough stamps have been licked and attached to the welcome packs. :o

i'm one of them :hissyfit:

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 18:48 #33 

raistlin
starbug2 wrote:

Members are getting stuffed for £1.19 penalty postal charge because not enough stamps have been licked and attached to the welcome packs. :o

I understand that they are to offer to recompense anybody who had to pay out.
Paul

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 19:43 #34 

starbug2
raistlin wrote:
starbug2 wrote:

I understand that they are to offer to recompense anybody who had to pay out.

are they indeed ? does that include costs getting to the sorting office , ok its only around the corner from me on foot but I've a car to fix :lol:

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 20:21 #35 

JohnDotCom
Haven't seen this offer for refund on the P&P excess charge so far. :confused:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 20:24 #36 

raistlin
Sorry, I didn't put all the info in my previous post.

It should have finished thus:-

... NOT. :gmc:
Paul

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 20:47 #37 

takestock
raistlin wrote:Sorry, I didn't put all the info in my previous post.

It should have finished thus:-

... NOT. :gmc:

Oooooo, you tease... :clap:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 20:51 #38 

James.uk
I wont be getting one.. I couldn't remember where I lived when I joined up and am still having the same problem now.. :roll: :em:

Tis grand bein daft when you're sane enuff to know it... :panic: :lol:

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 21:43 #39 

Rammie
James.uk wrote:I wont be getting one.. I couldn't remember where I lived when I joined up and am still having the same problem now.. :roll: :em:

Tis grand bein daft when you're sane enuff to know it... :panic: :lol:

Me neither, can't be bothered with all the hassle over them really so deleted my address.
Also can't afford the additional postage :lol:
Brian

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 21:53 #40