God preserve me from "experts" by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
This is not a dig at anybody on this forum. In fact it doesn't even involve MG/R vehicles. No, this is Jaguar.

I am happy to take the advice of experts all day long and I capitalise on their abilities and knowledge by making a mental or written note of the information I receive, which I value highly.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of so called experts who haven't got a clue but don't let that stop them giving people duff info.

One type of "expert" has a little knowledge that they've gleaned and so they procede to show you how clever they are by answering a question which you haven't actually asked, ,just so you know how clever they are.

The next type of expert is mister "Can't be done". Oh how I laugh when they are proved wrong.

The worst of the lot though is the "expert" who doesn't know the answer but insists that he does, with breathtakingly arrogant confidence, for example telling you that an amplifier doesn't exist when you have the darned thing on your desk. These are the "man down the pub" types who always seem to be law experts as well, and send people to Court with ideas which end up costing them dear. Worst of all, this type of "expert", once proven wrong, resorts to insults and and threatening bully-boy tactics, rather than learning anything from the process.

Isn't the internet a wonderful place? :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Apr 2016, 13:52 #1 

Colvert
misinformation-everywhere.jpg
raistlin wrote:This is not a dig at anybody on this forum. In fact it doesn't even involve MG/R vehicles. No, this is Jaguar.

I am happy to take the advice of experts all day long and I capitalise on their abilities and knowledge by making a mental or written note of the information I receive, which I value highly.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of so called experts who haven't got a clue but don't let that stop them giving people duff info.

One type of "expert" has a little knowledge that they've gleaned and so they proceed to show you how clever they are by answering a question which you haven't actually asked, ,just so you know how clever they are.

The next type of expert is mister "Can't be done". Oh how I laugh when they are proved wrong.

The worst of the lot though is the "expert" who doesn't know the answer but insists that he does, with breathtakingly arrogant confidence, for example telling you that an amplifier doesn't exist when you have the darned thing on your desk. These are the "man down the pub" types who always seem to be law experts as well, and send people to Court with ideas which end up costing them dear. Worst of all, this type of "expert", once proven wrong, resorts to insults and threatening bully-boy tactics, rather than learning anything from the process.

This sums it up I guess.--- :cheers: ( Sorry. Pic should have been at the bottom. ) ( COLVERT.)

Isn't the internet a wonderful place? :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 29 Apr 2016, 19:26 #2 

PaulT
The experts I like are on Amazon. Someone puts a question, say:

'Will an OogieMoogie work with box XYZ'

and someone answers:

'I do not know I have not got an OogieMoogie'

Would dearly love to know why they felt compelled to waste peoples time posting this.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Apr 2016, 07:07 #3 

Bernard
PaulT wrote:The experts I like are on Amazon. Someone puts a question, say:

'Will an OogieMoogie work with box XYZ'

and someone answers:

'I do not know I have not got an OogieMoogie'

Would dearly love to know why they felt compelled to waste peoples time posting this.

It's probably because Amazon send the question out verbatim as an email directly to customers and the natural instinct would be to reply.
Not my instinct, I'm too idle to bother but can see the reasoning.

Posted 30 Apr 2016, 08:34 #4