Front End Off! by Lightpainter

Lightpainter
I will be removing my facelift front end to fit the new resistor that I purchased from Jules’s EBay site (excellent service ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday morning) and I was wondering if there is anything else I should be looking out for while it’s off?

Although the Haynes manual says it’s a two man job I shall be doing it single handed, not worried about it as I have always been a loner at work & play even hobbies, Photography, Windsurfing, Making Love! Lol.

So if you can think of anything, I’m all ears.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 09:42 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Offside lighting cables may chafe on bodywork, protect with extra taping. You might like to add another horn if you only have a single. Check condition of Shannon tube. Check security of pipe brackets and anything else you can see.

PDF Know How document is available for download. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=80

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 09:46 #2 

MrB
You could certainly check all pipework for any signs of rubbing and chafing.

Have been having a good look at mine, as the front is off my Mk1 at the moment.

On my CDT the pipes behind the radiator have been rubbing and the pipe just in front of the battery box has too. Am going to add some protection to these.

My A/C condensor was a real mess and not secured properly also.

To be honest just take the opportunity to have a really good poke around the engine bay to check there are no nasty surprises lurking.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 09:53 #3 

Lightpainter
Mods all done now, couldn’t wait till tomorrow so I did it this evening, went easier that I expected one point to note I found the gaps between the blades of the fan are not equal not seen this mentioned in any post before, so make sure you work through the largest one and not like me, only found out near the end of the job!

Bumper came off and went back well, only problem I seem to have is my outside temperature sensor is showing ‘minus 28 degrees C’ what’s that all about?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:21 #4 

Simon
I think if the sensor cable has been disconnected, or the temp sensor plug remove, it throws this up.

I think I just switched off the ignition for a little while (insert minutes few here) and it was fine.

Hope this helps ;)
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:34 #5 

1gp
if a cdt did you check your intercooler o rings ? :thumbsup:

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:40 #6 

Andrew
Changed my condenser at the weekend after a degas,took a few photos lets try the attach system then.

Poor wasp!

I did vacuum the radiator before re assembly, but you knew that didn't you.

Watching world cup final! Torres just came on.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 11 Jul 2010, 20:45 #7 

PaulT
Lightpainter wrote:Mods all done now, couldn’t wait till tomorrow so I did it this evening, went easier that I expected one point to note I found the gaps between the blades of the fan are not equal not seen this mentioned in any post before, so make sure you work through the largest one and not like me, only found out near the end of the job!

Bumper came off and went back well, only problem I seem to have is my outside temperature sensor is showing ‘minus 28 degrees C’ what’s that all about?

If the temp is continuing to show -28 then the wires to the sensor have become disconnected.

Always does this when disconnected but will slowly rise to the correct temp unless the wires become disconnected - the ones from the sensor are a little brittle.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 07:08 #8 

Andrew
Re gas done, all cool now, you do miss it when its not working tho, and its not particularly warm yet today.

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 10:09 #9