Freezteq by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Hi all,

I have a single skin brick wall in the laundry to damp proof (rising damp)

http://www.freezteq.co.uk looks as though it might be useful. Has anybody ever used this stuff please?

Any good or snake oil?

Thanks
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 May 2012, 19:21 #1 

Zeb
So far as I am aware, the best / most effective method is a physical barrier to the rising damp as opposed to chemicals...

But then that could just be me not moving with the times...:)

Posted 15 May 2012, 14:41 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb, installing a DPC is no easy task and will take many man hours (depending on length of wall). The preferred method is injecting silicone under pressure into the course of bricks above the existing DPC (or what's left of it.) It appears this frozen method relies on the silicone soaking into the joints between the courses. I should think if carried out correctly it will work but I'm not convinced.
Unfortunately I no longer know anybody in the trade to ask.

Posted 15 May 2012, 15:12 #3 

raistlin
The company has been in existence since 1966 so perhaps not a "Bodgit and Scarper" setup. The product seems relatively cheap.
Paul

Posted 15 May 2012, 16:50 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The info from their site does look as if it has a good pedigree.

Posted 15 May 2012, 16:53 #5 

Bernard
It appears to be a DIY version of the injected DPC system that we successfully had done many years ago.
I would think that it is OK and I would give it a go.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 15 May 2012, 20:00 #6 

humphshumphs
To be honest, a Damp Proof Injection Machine with the fluids will be just as easy. Drill 10mm holes in the wall, put the nozzles in, and turn on the pump. If I remember rightly, use 1 litre of fluid per linear foot of wall (9" brickwork). The only thing is that if you have any plaster on the walls, then you will have to remove it upto a height of about 3 feet.
Richard

Posted 15 May 2012, 20:48 #7 

raistlin
Luckily, the laundry is only a single thickness of brickwork with no plaster on the inside or rendering on the outside :)

I thought such items as DPC injection pumps etc. were the province of professional installers?
Paul

Posted 15 May 2012, 21:21 #8 

Bermudan 75
Freezteq offer a 30 year guarantee, why not see how much it would cost for them to treat the wall?

That should give you peace of mind that it has been carried out properly.

Posted 15 May 2012, 21:57 #9