fitting cruise control by Mick_Gannon

Mick_Gannon
Hi to all this is my first post on the forum.
i would like to fit crusie control to my 75 diesel, I have all of the parts, module, switch and steering wheel buttons, however I do not have the wiring built into the loom.
I have from a doner car as much of the wiring upto the main loom but no more than that.
Has anybody attempted to retro fit cruise control with a hand made loom?

Regards

Posted 17 Mar 2014, 13:06 #1 

Duncan
I did this on a V6, but not a diesel. It was a huge job, too, though a V6 would be worse than a diesel I think.

Posted 17 Mar 2014, 18:14 #2 

PaulT
If you do achieve it then unless the car is recoded then it will function:

Press switch to turn on
Pull the DISCONNECT paddle to energise (cruise symbol will now show
Pull the set paddle and cruise now engaged
Pulling the set paddle will increase the speed
Pulling the disconnect paddle will disconnect cruise
You cannot re-engage without taking the car to the required speed and then pulling on the set paddle.

If your car is an auto then top gear will not lock up all the time the cruise switch is engaged even if cruise is not being used - this means whereas the car would have remained in top gear going uphill it will now change down so if cruise is not going to be used then turn it off.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Mar 2014, 12:10 #3 

Mick_Gannon
Thank you for the replies, so the answer is no one has been able to do the conversion using a hand made loom on a diesel car, Paul T, I know how cruise works even when retrofitted when the wiring is in place, I have read every post about cruise control fitting on most forums, I was hoping that progress had been made by some who tried to attempt it.

Posted 21 Mar 2014, 07:26 #4 

PaulT
Sorry, but my car already had the loom in place so a very easy fitment.

The Haynes manual does not show the circuit diagram for cruise - if someone has access to RAVE and it has a diagram then if they would send a copy to you it might help to make a loom.

Alternately, perhaps some time spent at a scrap yard that lets you rummage might enable you to undo the loom of a diesel car that either still has the components in place or once had them so that you can try to remove the specific parts of the loom for cruise - at least on a diesel it is far less complex than on a petrol 75.
Paul

Posted 21 Mar 2014, 08:40 #5 

Mick_Gannon
Paul
I clearly stated above that I went to a scrap yard and removed as much of the loom upto the main harness, that I had all of the parts and that I had read every post that I could retrofitting the system, I fail to see why posting a suggestion that I have already done helps me, sorry to reply in such a blunt manner but did you not read what I had asked?

Posted 22 Mar 2014, 09:34 #6 

PaulT
Sorry Mick, I promise to never reply to another one of your posts - I did not start again at the beginning of this thread so did not see what you had done and I do not remember everything that is in every thread that I read.
Paul

Posted 22 Mar 2014, 10:39 #7 

PaulT
I also sincerely apologise for not being psychic and knowing that you had read everything about cruise and thereby causing you to read my drivel about the limitations if the codes are not changed.
Paul

Posted 22 Mar 2014, 11:44 #8 

Mick_Gannon
Paul your choice as to reply or help another owner, the tread was not long, there is no need to be sorry or phychic, lossing your temper with me because you did not read the post correctly is silly to say the least, but so be it. I think we are done with this.

Posted 23 Mar 2014, 08:55 #9