Finally got my project....? by pob06

pob06
Afternoon all,

Not been around much recently for various reasons but it looks like I've finally got my project car.

Assuming all goes well I hope to pick it up in a couple of weeks.

02 Connie CDT SE Tourer Manual with all the goodies. Needs some work and a few bits replaced but should be a good base. Think its Atlantic Blue too (didnt note the code actually).

Will go nicely with my 2.5 Auto Saloon

Watch this space.
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 07 May 2013, 12:51 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Congratulations, Atlantic Blue is a gorgeous colour too. I'm sure you'll keep us up to speed on work in progress, good luck. :)

Posted 07 May 2013, 13:01 #2 

kandyman
Congratulations on the new project car,

What sort of work needs doing to it ?

Posted 07 May 2013, 15:26 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Laurence.
Congrats on your choice give it the good service all filters air,PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve),pollen fuel and oil,check the fan works on low speed also check which fan is in place EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) clean and manifold clean MAP clean also check the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) lots for you to do Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 May 2013, 10:53 #4 

pob06
Cheers folks,

Useful list Arctic thanks, as well as the normal plenum things and checks, need to look at rear parking sensors (but thats not unheard of :o) ), the message centre is readable but 'snow' covered so will need to find a replacement and get it T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System)'d, needs a damn good clean, de-smell and service, only one key, rear cubby hole covers in sandstone missing, replace the missing satnav disc drive and HK amp, missing front towing eye cover, black metal cover pieces by the windows need replacing as a couple have a rust splodge.

On the plus side it has full tool kit inc chocks, rear load cover and dog guard, chrome tie down hooks, sunroof, fbh, hk, traction, xenons, tow bar, OEM mats (filthy), hi line, cruise, powerfolds all the goodies really. Fitted with 5 spoke alloys but if things turn out as I hope it will have serpents.

3 Owners, 133k, 12 months MOT, checks are all good and mileage runs through ok.

No SH though. So first things will be service as mentioned and going through everything to make a full list of what needs doing to make me happy and a list of what I need to get for it :o)

Bought at short notice from a small dealer as a workhorse so that I can get my saloon pukka, expecting to ahve to do a few things..

Corin's going to be getting a call haha.
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 08 May 2013, 12:26 #5 

dattrike
Hi Pob, as it's a manual, it sounds like you're making a good recovery, a good workout for that left leg :thumbsup: Congratulations on the car, will we see it at one of the Nano's, it would be good to see you again :-D, I want to go the other way and get an auto!! Best of luck with it.

Posted 08 May 2013, 13:07 #6