FBH Parking Heater & Dead ATC Panel by dan_storm (Page 2 of 2)

Duncan
Then it's fuse 11, 5 amp.

It also comes through a header and another connector after the fusebox. Connector C0786 and header K109 (C0295). A wire might have pulled out of either of these.

I can't see the header, but the connector I mention is a black 12 way one that sits just behind the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control), not one of the ATC panel connectors itself. My guess is a wire has pulled out of this while you were working on the ATC wiring.

Posted 21 Nov 2012, 20:06 #21 

dan_storm
Thanks guys. Fingers crossed I find it.

Posted 21 Nov 2012, 20:13 #22 

dan_storm
Well, after spending the morning out in the rain and cold it is working! I found the connection had come loose where I joined (for troubleshooting) the loom and plug wire at the module end. I reconnected them properly and got the ATC panel working. I wired back into the module and it tested good again.

As to why it didn't work correctly when I initially installed I am not sure. I checked every fuse in the fuse box (just in case) and moved around the wiring to check all the connectors. So, may have been a loose connection somewhere (I couldn't see anything loose though). Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will not find out.

Thanks for the help guys, I now have a parking heater working perfectly :) Looking forward to the cold icy mornings now.

Posted 24 Nov 2012, 15:44 #23 

raistlin
Fault diagnosis can be a pig at times.

If you think your car is bad try the avionics fit on a Nimrod :lol:

Pleased to hear you've got it sorted :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 24 Nov 2012, 16:05 #24