Fair Fuel UK by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
If you are not already registered consider this.

I’m a supporter of Quentin Willson’s FairFuelUK Campaign which has forced the Government to scrap a series of Fuel Tax rises over the last 2 years that would have added a staggering 9p per litre to our fill ups. The campaign needs your help as it builds up this year to fight for a cut in our petrol/diesel taxes – they’re about £0.80 per litre in combined Fuel Duty and VAT at the moment. All we’re asking is this ……… please would you add your ‘sign up’ to their constantly growing online FairFuelUK petition at www.fairfueluk.com AND then pass this on to all your family, friends and contacts asking them to pass it on too……

Posted 25 Jan 2013, 10:15 #1 

Borg Warner
Done.

Posted 25 Jan 2013, 10:38 #2 

raistlin
I'll 'ave some of that. I hope it doesn't increase my "carefully selected third party" spam though.

THIS seems somewhat apposite.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Jan 2013, 10:51 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I use a catch all account so in this case my address is fairfuel@*********.co.uk. I registered at the outset and have not accrued any spam from the email address used.

The 4p increase denoted in the Telegraph link is quoted in the latest missive received from Fair Fuel, hence my posting it here.
I had presumed most people on here would already know about the campaign, a wrong assumption.

Posted 25 Jan 2013, 11:02 #4 

Roverite
I have signed up and I have also asked if they can start another petition against the proposed 'road pricing scheme'. The Government have already spent millions of pounds on consultancy fees for the scheme, which will be run by 'private' companies and enforced by Number Plate Recognition cameras, so avoidance will not be an option. The M6 toll road (owned by an Australian company), is only running at a fraction of its capacity and had its worst year in 2012, with even lower volumes. The increase from £2 to £5 for cars and more than double that for lorries, has been sighted as the reason, with many drivers voting to use the free (!!!!), but congested M6. However, if the proposals go ahead, the M6 and all major roads will be tolled, similar to the London Congestion Charge.

Motorists already pay over £50 billion a year in motoring taxes, of which, less than 10% is spent on the roads, and that includes speed humps, cycle lanes etc. Councils estimate that they need to spend £12 billion to carry out all the existing road repairs, so just three months motoring taxes then!

You can bet your bottom dollar that the motorist will be paying even more, whilst most of their taxes go to the Treasury. The Excise Tax that we pay annually (except pre 1973 vehicles), including all the public service vehicles, whose tax we pay through Council Tax, Income Tax, etc., was called the Road Fund Licence. However when Churchill was Chancellor before World War II, he couldn't balance the books, so he borrowed from the Road Fund and successive Chancellors have never looked back. All governments and recently local councils, just look on the 34 million motorists as a soft touch.

Roverite.

Posted 25 Jan 2013, 15:38 #5 

raistlin
Mick wrote:I had presumed most people on here would already know about the campaign, a wrong assumption.

Nah Mick - just me :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Jan 2013, 15:44 #6 

Borg Warner
And me :-)

Just seen the aticle on an expected 4p rise as well.

Posted 25 Jan 2013, 16:12 #7 

carlpenn
I don't mind my Fair share of paying out, but when I read items such as this:

However the AA, which forecast a small rise of about 2.5 pence a litre, accused the industry of failing to pass on recent falls in wholesale prices to motorists as quickly as increases.

Which is why I support Fair Fuel fully and have signed each and every Petition in the last couple of years that I have been following them.

The Office of Fair Trading will decide next week whether to launch an investigation into the fuel market.

As for this, well, they will invstigate and much like the investigation with the Banks, they will roll over and leave us to the Crows, the OFT fail so badly at their Jobs, it should be them under investigation.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 27 Jan 2013, 13:34 #8 

bopperbrian
I have signed up.
I am old enough to remember the Shilling put on fuel during the Suez Crisis! They said it would come off when the situation was resolved. That was over 50 years ago and they still haven't taken it off.

Posted 27 Jan 2013, 14:51 #9