error while doing a search ! by ceedy

ceedy
every time I do a search I get this error ...

cut n pasted ..
------------
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND LCASE(f.forum_desc) LIKE '%mirror%' AND )) OR (( AND LCASE(f.forum_name) LIK' at line 4 [1064]

SQL

SELECT f.forum_id, f.forum_parents, f.parent_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.forum_posts, f.forum_link, f.forum_image FROM phpbb_forums f WHERE f.forum_type = 2 AND f.parent_id > 0 AND ((( AND LCASE(f.forum_desc) LIKE '%mirror%' AND )) OR (( AND LCASE(f.forum_name) LIKE '%mirror%' AND ))) AND f.forum_id NOT IN (4, 31, 35) ORDER BY f.forum_name ASC

BACKTRACE

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/template.php(230) : eval()'d code
LINE: 56
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/template.php
LINE: 230
CALL: eval()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions.php
LINE: 5062
CALL: template->display()

FILE: [ROOT]/search.php
LINE: 1148
CALL: page_footer()
-----------end ---------------------

Chris..
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 04 May 2012, 10:52 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Oower, I can't reproduce this or any other error. Will you please PM me with the exact search parameters you are entering. Preferably with a screen shot of the entry so I can try to reproduce it.
Anybody else getting this?

Thanks.

Posted 04 May 2012, 11:39 #2 

Duncan
Working OK for me when I searched for 'search'. IE 9 on win 7.

Posted 04 May 2012, 16:42 #3 

SpongeBob
I've picked up on this too and investigating. It seems the error occurs when selecting "Search for any terms" as opposed to "Search for all terms or use query as entered" when performing a search.

Posted 04 May 2012, 20:26 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Well done Simon. Thought I tried that but must have missed. It produces the error for me now. If you look at the recent searches list you can see the word "mirror" is enclosed in brackets. Looks like the extra characters are being added before the search is performed.
I'll have a play as well.

Posted 04 May 2012, 20:33 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If you search for (mirror) it produces the error when the search is set for "Search for all terms or use query as entered"

Posted 04 May 2012, 20:38 #6 

Dave
Interestingly, search is working fine for me and I am clinging on to IE7......

Posted 04 May 2012, 22:46 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
We have been able to duplicate this error and diagnosed the fault. Simon is working on the solution which is rather complex and make take a little time. The particular part of his bespoke search programming which causes this error will be disabled until the solution has been implemented. Therefore you should not see the error again.

If in the event this error re-occurs when doing a search you should for the moment restrict searches to using the "Search for all terms or use query as entered" option. You will still find what you are looking for, just a few more results will appear than would if the "Search for any terms" option is selected.

Thank you for your patience.

Posted 04 May 2012, 23:25 #8 

Bermudan 75
The only time I find this message is when I visit this page?

Mike

Posted 04 May 2012, 23:40 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
:clap: :clap:

Posted 04 May 2012, 23:45 #10 

SpongeBob
You'll be pleased to know that a solution has been implemented and some changes are afoot! ;)

We are currently reconsolidating the How-To listings as these were causing the problems with the search function as noted above. Luckily the solution has brought with it improvements on the forum and is likely to yield better results in finding a PDF when searching for keywords. :thumbsup:

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 22:11 #11