elm327 obd by el_tiburon

• Related topics: (no related topics)

el_tiburon
Hi, ive read loads of forums here and elsewhere but still cant get to do anything, my car is a rover 75 1.8 petrol year 2000 recently bought :) my problem is i changed the battery after that the airbag light came on, also I had to change the rear break discs and pads and abs light is on and also another one that means problems with breaks, ive tried all sorts of programs: scan XL digimoto elmmaster and loads more but nothing there is no signal data from the car, im using the usb grey box elm327, i read there where some people resoldering the unit but not sure if its the same as mine or if this unit is not compatible with my car although says 9141-2 I realy need help! also doing the whole service to the car so i would also like some tool for that anyone knows of a unit for me to buy from ebay? cheap nothing expensive like the t4?

Posted 16 Jan 2012, 10:02 #1 

el_tiburon
just to mention that the lights on the unit flashes and dances when trying to conect error comes up when getting to conect with the car.

Posted 16 Jan 2012, 10:05 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Can't help with your diagnostic tool information. However,
Airbag light:- Connectors under front seats should be checked, usually just disconnecting and reconnecting will resolve warning light issue.
Brake warning indicator:- Replace brake wear indicator cables X 2 on the right hand side of the car.
ABS (Antilock Braking System) warning light:- Replace warning light cables (I think there are four) one for each wheel. Right hand side front also effects the IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) (Instrument cluster) function so this can probably be discounted.
Until these items have been replaced I see no real point in connecting a diagnostic tool. I can only say T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) is the required tool for these cars.

I'm sure someone will be along to correct any inconstancies in the information above.

BTW to anybody answering this topic. The OP is in Spain.

Posted 16 Jan 2012, 11:56 #3