Egos the size of a planet by raistlin

raistlin
I've just got myself an Android tablet and, as you might guess, its function isn't altogether intuitive for someone rooted in PC and IPad technology so, bearing in mind the help so freely available in the various 75 / ZT fora, I decided to join an Android tablet forum.

I now know where the ultimate egotistical ignorami hang out :(

The particular forum I joined doesn't allow you to become a member until your application is vetted, an understandable precaution, but that's where the fun begins.

Once you are accepted as a member, you are treated like the scum of the earth and are clearly beneath the attention of the "leet".

You are not allowed to post until you've found the various posts dotted around the forum which will accept a post from a newbie and made a minimum of three posts in these areas. Even then, you are not allowed to make posts at all until moderated. Then, you get snotty messages all over the place about making sure you've searched here there and everywhere otherwise YOU WILL BE IGNORED. Even when you actually get to make a post, for each useful answer you seem to get roughly eight or ten posts telling you how useless you are and how excellent the poster is.

To cap it all, based upon the content, spelling, grammar and general disposition of the posts I've seen, the "leet" members of the forum appear to be about 11 years old.

I somehow don't think I'll be returning there in a hurry :(

Mick, John, Simon, Andy, I take back all I've said about you. You are really not the *^%$£%^& )^£" I've called you in the past :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 17:03 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
We speak highly of you too. :lol:

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 18:08 #2 

takestock
So what android tablet you got then?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 18:10 #3 

raistlin
takestock wrote:So what android tablet you got then?

Zenithink ZT-280 C91 Dave
Paul

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 18:18 #4 

Zeb
Go on...tell us which forum...my son has an android and I need um...an 'outlet'....been behaving meself too long..>:)

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 18:26 #5 

takestock
Mine is similar, its a clone ( sawee10 ) so I am told. 10.2 screen, 512 ram with 2gb running the supposedly improved android 2.3 (then).........compared to my laptop........ slow as a slow thing :( love the idea of it, just feel it cannot compete with the lap top just yet. At 100 english pounds ( inc plastic sorry leatherette case with keyboard) cheap enough. Was good whilst on holiday with the free wifi in the bars though. ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 18:34 #6 

kandyman
raistlin wrote:Mick, John, Simon, Andy, I take back all I've said about you. You are really not the *^%$£%^& )^£" I've called you in the past :lol:

Thanks Paul, I always knew you loved us really ;)

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 19:15 #7 

Tourerfogey
I was gonna make a comment . . . but decided against it . . .

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 19:22 #8 

raistlin
I got mine to run an App for Magistrates' Court Dave. It saves having to lug a wheel-barrow full of books around with me. :lol:
Paul

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 19:31 #9 

geesmith
I'm with zeb... forum name?

Perhaps there's "another side" you could join. :D

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 19:35 #10 

ceedy
A had one of those type of things last ..a Chinese clone "APAD" admittedly only 1 Ghz CPU but wifi/gps/all the Apps ... but So slow at everything .... Swapped it out for something useful a Decent GFX card ..

They look good, spec's sound good but , in the real world hmm!! you get what you pay for !!
Mine was cheap ! :roll:

Did also find a lot of the forums generally quite Snotty to a newbie!!

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 11:36 #11 

raistlin
The device runs perfectly well for my purposes. I only need it to rum the Magistrates' Court Sentencing Guidelines and and Court Management app which it does :)

Also, one fifth of the price of an IPad :lol:
Paul

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 11:47 #12 

pob06
Hmm interested in a tablet possibly myself but need to convince myself it will do more than my htc phone really.

That site sounds like a prime candidate for micky taking - might even be worth toeing the line for a bit to lull them into a false sense of security ;-)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 12 Mar 2012, 16:20 #13