eBay noobs - don't ya just luv 'em? by raistlin

raistlin
I had my eye on an item on eBay the last day or so. It was to be one of SWMBO's Christmas presents so not saying what it is ;)

Anyway, said item retails at £38 to £45.

It was on eBay with a single bid of £12 and I placed a bid of £20 which showed up on the auction as a bid of £13. Within 10 seconds there were bids of £14, £15, £16, £17, £18, £19, £20 and finally £21. "That'll be a noob then" I thought to myself.

Clearly, I wasn't going to get a bargain there but left it in my watch list anyway. The auction ended this afternoon, having attracted some 60 or so bids. A little exploration showedall but three of the bids to be from two bidders, the one who had taken exception to my bid and, presumably another noob, because the first noob won the auction, and the best of luck to him or her, having managed to get the item for... £88 :lol:

There was, clearly, a bit of sour grapes on my part for having lost the item, but more than made up for by the entertainment value :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Nov 2015, 17:02 #1 

Devilish
I have seen this type of thing Paul, would have laughed but I could not help thinking WTF, seller was probably thinking the same.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 12 Nov 2015, 02:25 #2