does this happen on anyone elses computer? by RRobson (Page 2 of 2)

SpongeBob
Thanks for the input and feedback on reporting issues on things. I've added a fix for this phenomenon that hopefully will prevent it happening. However, the effect is not reproducible in all situations therefore although I cannot reproduce the effect myself if anyone else can (after having cleared their browsers cache) then I would be grateful of their feedback. If you could drop me a PM detailing what page it occurred on and what browser you are using that would be appreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:08 #21 

Zeb
The page seems to be stopping where it should now but on Explorer, Firefox, Sea monkey and Safari the 'Search for' box to the left and the ads by Google are not remaining static but playing catch-up all the time.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:13 #22 

SpongeBob
Zeb wrote:The page seems to be stopping where it should now but on Explorer, Firefox, Sea monkey and Safari the 'Search for' box to the left and the ads by Google are not remaining static but playing catch-up all the time.

Yes - this is now by design.

I've introduced a small delay in their behaviour as many members were reporting the movement of the sidebar in relation to the content (when scrolling) was very jittery. The delay hopefully will 'dampen out' that jitteriness. Although I grant they now have to play catch-up, in reality the delay is 1/5th of a second between you moving the scroll bars/mouse wheel and the sidebar moving ;)

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:24 #23 

RRobson
how would i go about clearing the browsers cache?
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:58 #24 

Zeb
SpongeBob wrote:
Zeb wrote:The page seems to be stopping where it should now but on Explorer, Firefox, Sea monkey and Safari the 'Search for' box to the left and the ads by Google are not remaining static but playing catch-up all the time.

Yes - this is now by design.

I've introduced a small delay in their behaviour as many members were reporting the movement of the sidebar in relation to the content (when scrolling) was very jittery. The delay hopefully will 'dampen out' that jitteriness. Although I grant they now have to play catch-up, in reality the delay is 1/5th of a second between you moving the scroll bars/mouse wheel and the sidebar moving ;)

I think you have done a brilliant job Simon. I have to say I would much prefer it if it were to be 'fixed' so that it simply remained on the left hand side immoveable whilst the forum posts scrolled...it is a 'flickering' blueness in the corner of my eye whenever I scroll.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:09 #25