Does their breathtaking hubris know no bounds? by raistlin

raistlin
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 20:54 #1 

geesmith
Oh my goodness!(OMG)

"MPs were being prevented from “carrying out their parliamentary duties and deterred from making legitimate claims, to the detriment of their constituents and the democratic process”. That explains an awful lot - we're in the doledrums(sic) because MP's can't fiddle their expenses satisfactorily.

""For example, the committee recommends that Ipsa be broken up with duties being returned to the House - reintroducing the arrangements of the past; and that the House, once again, should be given the powers to decide for themselves what sort of system of expenses they benefit from". I'll have some of that too. I'll phone the benefits people tomorrow and tell them exactly how much I need. The public will be equally happy about that. I suppose they're all for doing away with the old unworkable (read unprofitable) company car tax too. The lunatics want to take back control of the asylum.

I don't intend this as a political argument, I just disagree with having Military Police in Westminster ..(he said hoping to circumvent the forum rules).

Posted 12 Dec 2011, 21:51 #2 

PaulT
To cut down completely on bureaucratic expenses they could place a chest of gold coins in the chamber once a week and they just dive in.

No doubt they will also want to bring in laws whereby MPs cannot be prosecuted for fraud etc.

At one time when you first got a passport the form had to be signed by someone with standing in the community such as a policeman, doctor MP etc. I presume if this is still the case they will delete MP.

So hypocritical. They went off about Gadaffi stashing money away well, what is the difference in what they want to do.

'Hello, I am Julian Phatang of the Fiddle As Much As You Can Party please vote me on to the gravy train'.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Dec 2011, 08:22 #3