'Decent Citizen' by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
Please indulge me on this; after the events of the past few days I would be interested to hear your views on the definition of a 'decent citizen'.

Ta

TF

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 21:48 #1 

Zeb
Don't tempt me.

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 23:17 #2 

JohnDotCom
Well I can't be that bad?

But basically a person/family that has respect for the law and to other persons, who is working whether paid or voluntary and not relying on everything being given to them for free, who educates their children in taking a useful part in society and always knowing where they are and what they are doing.

Finally if anyone doesn't want to comply with British law then go to a Country that has their views/rules/laws/dress etc.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 09 Aug 2011, 23:31 #3 

MN190
One who contributes to society in a positive manner

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 00:49 #4 

Zeb
The phrase, unfortunately is oft used by people wishing to demonstrate that their own perceptions of the world...and principally other people who are not like themcan be justified by referring to themselves and those they wish to be aligned with as 'decent citizens' - even when their views of other groups / races / ethnic minorities and suggested treatments of said groups are utterly abhorrent. Happily, this place is an oasis from such prejudice and bigotry...:D

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 08:24 #5 

Tourerfogey
That's Bollocks Zeb, with a capital B and was not my reason for asking at all :D

Will explain more when I'm on later.

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 13:50 #6 

Zeb
Wanna bet? :D

I didn't assume it was your reason for asking however...

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 14:23 #7 

takestock
Tourerfogey wrote: the definition of a 'decent citizen'.

Hello :D :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 15:27 #8