Concorde by Simon (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Simon
The Story of Concorde is on Channel 4 now if anyone is interested ;)

My good lady has baked a cake (And I'm suppose to be on a diet) :twisted:
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:05 #1 

DeuxGazoles
Simon wrote:My good lady has baked a cake (And I'm suppose to be on a diet) :twisted:

Send it this way I'll dispose of it for you :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:07 #2 

Simon
DeuxGazoles wrote:
Simon wrote:My good lady has baked a cake (And I'm suppose to be on a diet) :twisted:

Send it this way I'll dispose of it for you :mrgreen:

My diet starts tomorrow Colin. Didn't I mention :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:13 #3 

Jürgen
Simon wrote:My diet starts tomorrow Colin. Didn't I mention :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good timing. :lol:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:15 #4 

DeuxGazoles
Ah I see it's another conspiracy :o :gmc:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:17 #5 

PaulT
Watching it now....

I used to live on the flight path in to Heathrow - quite a way away from the airport. Hated all of the planes going over apart from the sound of one - and had to go out and watch it. Such a beautiful aircraft.

Just seem a wonderful gesture by the French chief test pilot on taking it to supersonic the first time - he let the co-pilot take it through for the first time.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:26 #6 

Simon
PaulT wrote:Watching it now....

I used to live on the flight path in to Heathrow - quite a way away from the airport. Hated all of the planes going over apart from the sound of one - and had to go out and watch it. Such a beautiful aircraft.

Just seem a wonderful gesture by the French chief test pilot on taking it to supersonic the first time - he let the co-pilot take it through for the first time.

In A Word "Magestic"

Such a shame really.

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:29 #7 

Simon
Jürgen wrote:
Simon wrote:My diet starts tomorrow Colin. Didn't I mention :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good timing. :lol:

You know what they say Jürgen

"Tomorrow Never Comes" eh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:30 #8 

Simon
DeuxGazoles wrote:Ah I see it's another conspiracy :o :gmc:

I thought you only like Pie :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll save you a slice mate :lol:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:31 #9 

DeuxGazoles
I was lucky enough to get a flight back in the early 90's...........................very impressive 8-)

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:31 #10 

DeuxGazoles
Simon wrote:I thought you only like Pie :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll save you a slice mate :lol:

Got to have a pudding :mrgreen:

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:31 #11 

Simon
DeuxGazoles wrote:I was lucky enough to get a flight back in the early 90's...........................very impressive 8-)

It's one of those things on the list of thing to do before you die. No Chance Now. :cry:

I would have loved to have flown on her.

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:36 #12 

PaulT
Simon wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote:I was lucky enough to get a flight back in the early 90's...........................very impressive 8-)

It's one of those things on the list of thing to do before you die. No Chance Now. :cry:

They got a Vulcan in to the air but money problems. What about getting a Concorde out of a museum and in to the air - with 100 paying passengers, could it be a possibility?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 21:09 #13 

Simon
PaulT wrote:
Simon wrote:

They got a Vulcan in to the air but money problems. What about getting a Concorde out of a museum and in to the air - with 100 paying passengers, could it be a possibility?

I'd be in the queue Paul. :mrgreen:

Oh Yes, Most definately

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 21:30 #14 

Duncan
Rob (trebor) organised a visit to the one at Manchester airport.

A fantastic experience, and that was only on the ground.

Did you know that Concorde had something in common with the V6's? A variable Intake System (VIS (Variable Intake System)).

Just watched the program, and have to say one of the contributors did remind me somewhat of JDC.....

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 21:40 #15 

Simon
Duncan wrote:Rob (trebor) organised a visit to the one at Manchester airport.

Did you know that Concorde had something in common with the V6's? A variable Intake System (VIS).

Just watched the program, and have to say one of the contributors did remind me somewhat of JDC.....

Had a walk around the Test Concorde at Duxford.

Full of all sorts of electronics.

Amazing, way ahead of it time.

Ah yes the Flaps that control the air flow rate (VIS)

Having not met John yet. Which of the Pilots is most like him? So I know what to expect :D

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 21:52 #16 

The Timesearcher
I was lucky enough to be involved in the Flight Testing of Concorde from 1968 to 1980, believe me it was a privilege to have been there. Only had about 150 flights but as most were 'at the edge of the envelope' that was special...
BTW we were testing before first flight until way after the last one when 'Trubby' flew the last test flight in December 1979, under British Aerospace control
Martin :D

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 22:18 #17 

JohnDotCom
Simon wrote:

Did you know that Concorde had something in common with the V6's? A variable Intake System (VIS).

Having not met John yet. Which of the Pilots is most like him? So I know what to expect :D

I'm the handsome one. ;) :D

A truly great plane, unfortunately regardless of even if funds could be found it would never fly again.
A great shame ands a great loss.

Have to wait for this now.....

£142.5m combat aircraft unveiled
8 hours 24 mins ago

It may look like the stuff of science fiction but this unmanned jet could be the combat craft of the future.
Named Taranis, after the Celtic god of thunder, the £142.5 million prototype has been unveiled by the Ministry of Defence.

Dubbed the "pinnacle" of British engineering and aeronautical design, it is the size of a light aircraft and has been equipped with advanced stealth technology making it virtually undetectable.

Almost invisible to ground radar, it is designed to travel at high jet speeds and cover massive distances between continents.

The plane is built to carry out intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance on enemy territory using onboard sensors.

And it has been designed to carry a cache of weapons - including bombs and missiles - giving it a potential long-range strike capability. It can be controlled from anywhere in the world with satellite communications.

Experts say the cutting-edge design is at the forefront of world technology and as advanced as any US development.

Gerald Howarth, minister for international security strategy, said: "Taranis is a truly trailblazing project.

"The first of its kind in the UK, it reflects the best of our nation's advanced design and technology skills and is a leading programme on the global stage."

The jet was unveiled at a ceremony at BAE Systems in Warton, Lancashire. Flight trials are due to start next year.

Still not as good as this though...

John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 23:49 #18 

James.uk
I prefer to fly low and real slow, so I could see cars, bridges, people, river boats, and go into the mountains of North Wales, along the river valleys etc etc, :)

I used to buy and deliver cars from up North to the South coast, (Bournemouth) and flew back to Mcr with Dan Air for £25 a time. Must have done that over 200 times, it was great. :)

I had a half hour flight in a helicopter from John Lennon. (Liverpool) we went downstream and out over the Mersey, over Birkinhead to the river Dee and back, that was brilliant! That flight was a gift from a friend. :)

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 00:10 #19 

Simon
JohnDotCom wrote:
Simon wrote:

I'm the handsome one. ;) :D

Ah Yes!!

Hansome!

Suave!

Debonaire!

Modest!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 14:08 #20