Clutch Kits, Clutch Kits Everywhere... by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
But which ones are any good?

I've got to replace the clutch, master and slave on my car before I can use her over the summer. Just wondered what makes people have used and which to avoid.

Particularly interested in hearing recomendations on the slave cyliders as I've read that relatively new ones have failed and due to the work involved, I don't want to have to replace it again!

Cheers all,

Jake

Posted 18 May 2012, 19:01 #1 

Duncan
I got mine (other than the friction plate) from ecarparts in Sandy. OE parts at good prices. It was several years but not many miles ago.

If you are doing the slave, at least replace the friction plate too as it will be close to worn out.

Posted 18 May 2012, 19:09 #2 

Zeb
Wot Duncan says! :D

Got my master from them - genuine MG Rover and the slave was a genuine LUK off ebay....and the friction platey thing was finally located in the back of a landrover....

Posted 18 May 2012, 19:20 #3 

JakeWilson
Thanks Gents,

Been looking at the two part kits for the clutch, which oens did you go for in the end?

Posted 18 May 2012, 19:49 #4 

Zeb
Mine is an AP I think....done 10,000 miles no probs so far..

Posted 18 May 2012, 19:59 #5 

Tootall

Rich
Please keep us updated on what you choose and how you get on Jake.

I'm in a similar position needing to do my slave cylinder sometime soon. I replaced the Master on mine a few months back but I keep needing to bleed it every few thousand miles so it must have been the slave all along.

Cheers,
Rich

Posted 28 May 2012, 11:41 #7