Cigar lighter spring cover flap - Rover 75 Diesel by barrynash

barrynash
Can anyone help!

The spring flap cover plate on dash board for cigar lighter is stuck shut - When I press the cover plate it will not spring open - Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a fix to get the cover flap to open, as I can not gain access to cigarette lighter for charging phone/sat nav etc!

Posted 21 Dec 2015, 16:54 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Barry.
These can play up sometimes and you need to make sure that you press firmly and quickly at the top of the flap, that way it seems to release it, if not they can be pried out with a small screw driver but you need to make sure you do not lose the springs, I have some photo's somewhere on my pc I will try and find them out, it make take a while as I have over 9000 pics
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Dec 2015, 23:34 #2 

barrynash
Many thanks for replying and would be great if you managed to locate the photos on your PC - Do you use a small screwdriver at the top or bottom of flap, ref prising open the springs?

Regards Barry

Posted 22 Jan 2016, 23:41 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
barrynash wrote:Many thanks for replying and would be great if you managed to locate the photos on your PC - Do you use a small screwdriver at the top or bottom of flap, ref prising open the springs?

Regards Barry

Hi Barry.
I have that many photo over 1500 I am in the process of filing them into different sections, in the meantime this may help below cheers Arctic.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=78720
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 28 Jan 2016, 13:53 #4