Cheshire Meet December 5th by Bermudan 75 (Page 1 of 2)

Bermudan 75
December 5th 2010 Meet - The Hollow Tree Pub, Stretton.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following on from the previous successful Cheshire meets Richard Jackson has discovered The Hollow Tree Pub at Junction 10 of the M56 (A49). (Due to the pleasant nature of the manager at the Rompers it was felt that a change of venue was required). RJ has put up a post on the other side and I have copied it here as below:

Hi everyone

I am pleased to inform you that our Cheshire December 2010 meet will be held at:

THE HOLLOW TREE PUB AT STRETTON NEAR WARRINGTON

ON SUNDAY 5TH DECEMBER FROM 12:00PM

(For details and directions to the pub please click on the link below)

http://www.pub-explorer.com/cheshire...eestretton.htm

This pub was chosen as our base location due to its accessibility from JCT 10 of the M56, is central for all members that have kindly added themselves to the map, boasts parking for 100 vehicles......and obviously serves food and ale.

It is hoped that at this first meeting we can bring together a host of ideas from as many members as possible for interesting future meets. If members can bring any leaflets or details for venues they have attended in the past that would be much appreciated. We can then proceed and create a 'calendar' of future events

The idea which appears to be most popular would be to have 'roadshow' type events, where we visit different venues in various parts of the North West region but always have this establishment as a 'base location'.

As at previous meets, and to keep the manager of the pub happy, I feel it would be considerate of us to use the bar or restaurant. If more than 8 of us will be eating I will book tables.

Please indicate when you confirm that you are attending whether you will be eating also.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Richard

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 22:32 #1 

James.uk
Anyone know why the Manager at the Romper got annoyed? .. And/or to whom he complained???? :confused:

I was at that meeting and nothing was mentioned about any problems arising from it? :confused:

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 23:18 #2 

Bermudan 75
James.uk wrote:Anyone know why the Manager at the Romper got annoyed? .. And/or to whom he complained???? :confused:

I was at that meeting and nothing was mentioned about any problems arising from it? :confused:

Hi James,

He made himself known and said he was not happy because of the number of spaces we were taking up in his car park. Although I had arranged this two weeks earlier his staff had not notified him. Strange man, it did not cross his mind that we actually might eat and drink at his establishment..........

Mike

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 23:37 #3 

James.uk
Hiya Mike. :) Thank you for the information, it does seem an odd attitude for the manager to have taken.. :confused: Nice to have the mystery solved though innit. :thumbsup:

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 23:48 #4 

Bermudan 75
The 3rd Cheshire meet is being held this Sunday (the 5th) at the Hollow Tree, located at junction 10 of the M56. Please see the first post regarding directions etc.

The following members have indicated that they are attending:

1. Richardjackson (meal)
2. Rover418275 (meal +1)
3. Jimbo (meal) possible
4. Ace1977lan (meal)
5. Rovernut (meal +1)
6. Neilll (meal + 3)

the persons below who have yet to join this community are also attending

7.Bobgrice (meal + 1)
8.Frank Incensed (possible meal)
9.Dennisa (meal)
10. 2L-Diesel (possible)
11. John Hutch (possible)
12. John Woody (possible meal)

I have today sampled the beer, sorry I have today met with the manager and he has no problems with us meeting at his establishment.

He has agreed to cordon off a section of the car park for our exclusive use. I explained how we indulge in certain strange activities like modding our cars and standing under gazeboes. He is quite happy for us carry on with this, and is also happy to section off part of his restaurant for our exclusive use.

DSC08011.JPG

This location has been used by the Rover Sports Register on the 3rd Sunday of each month but have not been seen for quite a while since someone called James.uk turned up in a Citroen.

DSC08009.JPG

The manager is used to having different car meets attending his establishment so he is more affable than the Rompers.

Cheers and hope to see you on Sunday.

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 17:44 #5 

James.uk
Tiz a dastardly lie sir! :whump:

I actually turned up in a Honda at a Citroen meet! :P :thumbsup: :cheers:

As you can see from the above pics, the pub is only small so peeps will have to stand in a line against the wall in order to be able to synchronize their fork handles innit.. :lol:

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 18:13 #6 

Bermudan 75
four candles? , no they have electric lighting........... :candle:

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 18:45 #7 

James.uk
I hope they do-- But I can't see any chimney in the pic so they must have elec fires as well I hope! :shock:

Hmmm. just read that Richard Jackson has resigned, so why not elect a new area rep at your meeting Mike? :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 01:24 #8 

Bermudan 75
Area reptiles ? Do we have such creatures within this Community ? :rolling:

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 16:30 #9 

James.uk
No we don't Mike! But you can elect one for tother side innit. ;) :D

"Sneaky is best".. ;)

Posted 30 Nov 2010, 18:57 #10 

Bermudan 75
Despite the rather mild weather we are experiencing here in deepest Cheshire, our meeting is still sheduled to go ahead. Unfortunately Richard Jackson has sold his ZT and will not therefore be attending, I would like to therefore like to take this opportunity to thank Richard for the help he has given in organising the Cheshire meets.

The list of attendees for Sunday is growing and an updated list is below:
1. Rover418275 (meal)
2. Jimbo (meal)
3. Ace1977lan (meal)
4. Rovernut (meal +1)
5. Neilll (meal + 3)

the persons below who have yet to join this community are also attending

6.Bobgrice (meal + 1)
7.Frank Incensed (possible meal)
8.Dennisa (meal)
9. 2L-Diesel (possible)
10. John Hutch (possible)
11. John Woody (possible meal)
12. Kevlunn (meal)
13. fse73549
14. Mikesmarty
15. Alkos99 (meal + 1)
16. Crisp955 (meal + 1)

We also usually have a number of people who just turn out on the day without putting their names down.
DSC08008.JPG

This is the section of the restaurant that the manager has agreed to set aside for us. He will put the tables in a line with seating for 20 people. The view from the windows will be the car park that will be for our exclusive use.

A help to anybody that's attending and using satnav the postcode on the link WA4 4EF is incorrect and will take you down Tarporley Road well past The Hollow Tree - the correct postcode is WA4 4LX.

If using the M56 junction 10 take the A49 for Whitchurch, then after about 200 yards the first right onto Hall Lane, pubs at the bottom - should see the sign for it as you turn off the A49.

Hope to see you all on Sunday.

Cheers :cheers:

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 13:21 #11 

Last edited by Bermudan 75 on 04 Dec 2010, 15:36, edited 2 times in total.

jimbo
Good update Mike.

See I'm still shown as a possible but as you know I will be there and will be eating.

Looks like there are going to be some new faces attending.

See you tomorrow - hopefully as there seems to be a thaw this morning the conditions might be a little better.

Cheers

Jim
jimbo

Posted 04 Dec 2010, 10:38 #12 

rovernut
Foggy here in Worsley, but steak and ale pie..........mmmmm!

See you 12.15 with dirty 75.

Chris

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 10:59 #13 

Bermudan 75
It is a lovely, crisp morning here in Northwich, just 6 miles from the venue.

For some reason I think there will be quite a few dirty cars today, Chris.

I should be there for 11.30 am.

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 11:02 #14 

James.uk
The weather yesterday was warmer, that cleared up some of the snow, today was quite nice though very cold-- So what happened?? :confused:

Was it a good day? Nice meeting? good food? WE NEED INPUT!!!!!!!!! :hissyfit: :panic: :rolling:

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 17:13 #15 

rovernut
Very enjoyable day James thanks. We had a fair turnout considering the freezing fog and had good food at the Hollow Tree.

I think we had at least 10 cars in total with new members contributing to make the event very enjoyable.

Where were you James, you were sorely missed :lol:

I'm sure Mike will be along soon with some pics.

Chris

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 19:04 #16 

Bermudan 75
James.uk wrote:The weather yesterday was warmer, that cleared up some of the snow, today was quite nice though very cold-- So what happened?? :confused:

Was it a good day? Nice meeting? good food? WE NEED INPUT!!!!!!!!! :hissyfit: :panic: :rolling:

Yes, Yes and yes. :cheers:

I will post up some pics on the other thread which is for meeting write ups.

In brief we had 9 cars, venue was excellent with good food and ale. We did lament the fact that you were not there James, but we intend to hold regular meeting at the Hollow Tree.

Mike

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 19:07 #17 

mikeysmarty
great day will be coming again , hopefully better weather next time and have a cleaner car

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 20:04 #18 

chrisp955
Thanks for making me and Lou welcome on our 1st meet.every one was very friendly
And big thanks for letting me have a sit in the v8.
Looking forwerd to the next meet
Chris red zt160

Posted 05 Dec 2010, 20:56 #19 

jimbo
chrisp955 wrote:Thanks for making me and Lou welcome on our 1st meet.every one was very friendly
And big thanks for letting me have a sit in the v8.
Looking forwerd to the next meet
Chris red zt160

Glad to have met you and Lou - sorry the weather wasn't better or I'd have taken you for a run, maybe next time.

Cheers
Jim
jimbo

Posted 06 Dec 2010, 10:49 #20