Car interiors - why so bland ? by Tourerfogey (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Tourerfogey
Have been looking for an estate car, preferably diesel (did I REALLY say that?) up to about £10K. Everything I've found so far has a bland ugly black or grey plastic interior - god, I could die of boredom in a car like that. Isn't there anything out there with a Roveresque interior anymore?

Posted 03 Jan 2012, 17:43 #1 

Bermudan 75
Jaguar estate?

Posted 03 Jan 2012, 18:30 #2 

Tourerfogey
Overpriced and a little cramped for my needs - and although it has a wooden dash etc the colour of the wood is 'orrible!

Posted 03 Jan 2012, 19:02 #3 

PaulT
Well TF I am always amazed at the black slab plastic dashes sometimes with a chunk of silver on them.

A car is to be driven and that means sitting and looking at the dash when not looking at the road so you want something that looks good.

Having said that the Contemporaries and ZTs I find a little too dark - sorry if I have offended anyone but that is just my taste
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 04 Jan 2012, 12:04 #4 

geesmith
The Chrysler 300 (after the dash kit has been stuck on - they should have applied the sandstone paint first. It's going to be a pain masking all that off)- (shame about the wheel)

Ooh...I've just noticed how bland that looks even with the kit fitted..... :gmc:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 05 Jan 2012, 13:15 #5 

geesmith
Well, at least Fiat have a designer that designs....

...not available as an estate yet...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 05 Jan 2012, 13:35 #6 

geesmith
With other options including dual climate...

Posted 05 Jan 2012, 13:37 #7 

James.uk
Modern cars are built with economy in mind, in mind, and in mind innit... you can always do what peeps do in their homes. wallpaper it. innit.. lmho... :D :D

Posted 05 Jan 2012, 20:33 #8 

Tourerfogey
Now, I hadn't thought of that. Wonder why? Oh yeah, it's because it's a crap idea.

;)

Posted 05 Jan 2012, 22:28 #9 

Duncan
Some of the higher spec Skoda Superbs can be had with wood, and 'sandstone' as well as grey. Plenty of toys too.

Not a 75, but also not just monochrome!

Posted 05 Jan 2012, 22:30 #10 

Aurora MG
Tourerfogey wrote:Have been looking for an estate car, preferably diesel (did I REALLY say that?) up to about £10K. Everything I've found so far has a bland ugly black or grey plastic interior - god, I could die of boredom in a car like that. Isn't there anything out there with a Roveresque interior anymore?

Basically........No.

Posted 05 Jan 2012, 22:45 #11 

PaulT
Aurora MG wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:Have been looking for an estate car, preferably diesel (did I REALLY say that?) up to about £10K. Everything I've found so far has a bland ugly black or grey plastic interior - god, I could die of boredom in a car like that. Isn't there anything out there with a Roveresque interior anymore?

Basically........No.

There most certainly is - it has a wood dash, leather seats and, if you go for the higher spec they have elec seats that are also heated, a very quiet smooth ride and you would be hard pushed to spend 10k.........

No, sorry, I am thinking of the Rover 75
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Jan 2012, 07:10 #12 

carlpenn
Duncan wrote:Some of the higher spec Skoda Superbs can be had with wood, and 'sandstone' as well as grey. Plenty of toys too.

Not a 75, but also not just monochrome!

Agreed, Skoda make some lovely Motors, I have driven quite a few at work and have been impressed with Quality, Feel and look (Even the Interior) Heated Electric Leather Seats, Wooden Dash, Climate COntrol, some very lovely Cars. I drove a top end Skoda Elegance, and I kid you not, it felt as nice as getting in the 75, I was very, very impressed!!

I have taken a shine to the (ahem) Audi A6 upper level model too, after driving a few of those at work, I have found them pleasurable, but alas, the dash is nothing similar to teh 75 (That doesn't bother me too much as teh Built in Sat Nav and other playthings take my mind of that lol)

In fact, my Job is kind of like Window Shopping for a Car.......... he he he....
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 06 Jan 2012, 12:06 #13 

Bermudan 75
What about a nice British estate car with wooden dash and door cappings? Triumph 2.5 MK 2

http://s748.photobucket.com/albums/xx12 ... hboard.jpg

Posted 06 Jan 2012, 13:16 #14 

Last edited by Bermudan 75 on 07 Jan 2012, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
Triumph, but is it the 2000 or the 2.5? Looks like a MK2 to me.

I would love one, except for the rust. Oh and the diff.

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 14:26 #15 

Dave
I'd say 2.5, but only 'cos when you right click the image and look at Properties, it says "Triumph25PIDashboard.jpg"

:D

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 15:02 #16 

Bermudan 75
2.5 PI, the 2000 dash did not have a rev counter, it had a 'clock' that contained three instruments, temperature, volts and fuel. There is a Triumph Mk 2 saloon with a Rover 3.5 V8 somewhere.

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 15:24 #17 

Bermudan 75
Duncan wrote:Triumph, but is it the 2000 or the 2.5? Looks like a MK2 to me.

I would love one, except for the rust. Oh and the diff.

I have still got my Mk 2 2000 TC dashboard, grab handles and light clusters, some things you can never throw away.

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 15:26 #18 

Duncan
First engine I ever rebuilt was a 2000 straight 6 in my dad's saloon. DWF686L.

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 16:49 #19 

podge
Ah,now my late Dads old 3500s,now that had a nice dashboard.

Posted 07 Jan 2012, 17:13 #20