Buying a new car... by Duncan

Duncan
but not selling the 75s don't worry.

Ever since I had a Skoda Superb for a few months last year, I've liked them a lot. I want to keep the 75s for as long as I can so I'm considering buying one of these as a workhorse, with the advantage that apart from the looks, it's up there with the comfort and toys.

I do tow, and although the 75s are fine, I reckon a 170BHP diesel with 4x4 should make life even more comfy when going away.

Watch this space....

Posted 01 Mar 2012, 20:35 #1 

Last edited by Duncan on 03 Mar 2012, 16:28, edited 2 times in total.

Zeb
Have to agree with you. Good, solid, nice looking and comfortable transport...

Posted 01 Mar 2012, 20:43 #2 

geesmith
Further agreement here too.. Good, solid, well built and well designed.

My 1.9 diesel was well quick AND amazingly economical. Doors that clunk nicely when you close them... unlike the Astra we're currently using with it's tinny, reverberant clang (and that's just pressing 'lock' on the fob)...I've seen so many lovely 75's since we hired this.

Posted 02 Mar 2012, 13:37 #3 

Duncan
Well, convinced myself, and ordered it this morning.

Tthread title suitably amended. Even went for the 'wood' trim inside. It even out toys my connie SE!

Posted 03 Mar 2012, 16:30 #4 

Dave
Been reading this thread and just noticed this bit....

Duncan wrote:I do tow, and although the 75s are fine, I reckon a 170BHP diesel with 4x4 should make life even more comfy when going away

I don't ever want to get rid of the 75, but I do like the sound of this, especially if you can have wood....

What sort of mpg do you expect?

Any photos?

Posted 03 Mar 2012, 16:45 #5 

Duncan
Well I was getting around 45-50 on the computer on the one I had on lease. However that was solo and I have no idea what the towing economy will be but it's got to be better than my 75 auto diesel as that only manages 38 on the same regular route.

No photos yet, as the factory still need to make it so I won't get hold of it until June or July. I'll see if I can find something on another forum.

Posted 03 Mar 2012, 17:38 #6 

carlpenn
I like the Skoda, especially the wood ladened Superb / Elegance models. After driving a few at work, I would not think twice about buying one, if I had the money :) or an Audi A6, although no wood there :p
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 03 Mar 2012, 18:14 #7 

Tourerfogey
Did someone say wood ? What, in a modern car that's not a Rover ? Off to the Skoda website now . . .

Posted 03 Mar 2012, 18:20 #8 

podge
Now my old Mondeo daily hack has gone to a new owner........260,000miles but a little rusty,I have replaced it with a one owner(our daughter) 81,000 mile Passat TDI 130SE.I have to say,a very well built car,45/50 mpg,goes like a train and very comfortable.Even swmbo thinks its more comfortable than the 75 on some surfaces!I think it shares the floorpan with the Audi A4/Skoda Superb.

Posted 03 Mar 2012, 22:52 #9 

Duncan
The passatt, A4 and superb are all closely related. The superb is slightly stretched above the others.

If yours is a 130, Im guessing its the previous model. Is the engine fitted pointing forward, or transverse like the 75?

Posted 04 Mar 2012, 10:28 #10 

geesmith
75 owners getting wood over a Skoda? ... superb lol

Posted 04 Mar 2012, 16:04 #11