Bullet powerfolds.....did you know by takestock

takestock
Well, in these trying times i was reversing out of the drive in a rush and just clipped the drivers side powerfold mirror on the concrete gate post, twisting it back and making it inoperable. :( despite stripping the powerfold motor down it has damaged the chocolate gearing inside.

Now drivers side ones seem to be unobtainable but Bob does have new passenger side in stock. With no other option I ordered a passenger side one in the hope the motors were not handed.

Having stripped the mirrors down i can confirm that the motors are NOT handed so left fits right and right fits left. Also the ONLY difference in the powerfold bullet mirror and a standard bullet mirror is the motor itself. In short if you buy two N/S powerfold mirrors from Bob you can turn your standard mirrors into power folds in around 30 mins. I will leave it up to the individual to haggle with Bob but anyone interested pm me and I will let you know what I believe to be the lowest acceptable price :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Jul 2011, 20:37 #1 

raistlin
Good bit of research there Dave :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Jul 2011, 21:15 #2 

PaulT
Whose this Bob then....

Also what about trying to source just the motors, I presume they are an off the shelf job and not a special for the 75
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Jul 2011, 05:56 #3 

takestock
BOB, Best of British,

These are the motors, you need to make sure if you get them from another source that you obtain the four screws that hold then to the body, as the ones on your original standard mirror are self tappers to hold the plastic upstand.

Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Jul 2011, 08:13 #4 

TyphoonTT
Did you have any luck with you previous thread on the other forum regarding this Paul? http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... =worm+gear

Posted 14 Jul 2011, 23:20 #5 

raistlin
Not yet Ben :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jul 2011, 06:55 #6 

baconbuttyman
Any chance of a how to Dave, where would i get the motors from, , obviously looms and switch device would need to sourced
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 17 Jul 2011, 18:58 #7 

TyphoonTT

Posted 19 Jul 2011, 16:35 #8