Bullet Mirrors Cover Removal.... by Wilsy

Wilsy
Guys,

Need some advice please. How do I remove the mirror cover(back) from a bullet style mirror? Replacing my existing mirrors because they are not matching, one is a skull cap the other a bullet type. Long story which I wont bore you with.....
Managed to purchase a couple of complete chrome bullets but only need to fit one and replace the cover(back) on the other.

Any help appreciated. :cheers:
Wilsy

MGZT 190+

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 10:17 #1 

takestock
It just clips in, two clips, you need to remove the mirror glass and possibly 4 torx screws that hold the plastic panel behind. you will see the clips that need to be pushed togwther whilst pulling the cover off, bit of a seven handed job :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 10:22 #2 

Wilsy
Thanks Dave I will give it a go.......and thanks to all members for offering me the chance to purchase their spare mirrors. Sorry if I didn't take up your offer.
Wilsy

MGZT 190+

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 10:50 #3 

Bermudan 75
takestock wrote:It just clips in, two clips, you need to remove the mirror glass and possibly 4 torx screws that hold the plastic panel behind. you will see the clips that need to be pushed togwther whilst pulling the cover off, bit of a seven handed job :)

One of my 'to do jobs', I wondered why the MGR instruction sheet indicated that the mirror glass has to be removed.

Posted 27 Aug 2022, 15:16 #4