Brilliant customer service by raistlin

raistlin
Hmm... how NOT to win customers.

I phoned JoJags today and asked if they had certain items. A list of about four things. The reply i got was:-

"What d'you want that lot for?" Difficult to convey in written word the tone of the question but certainly not friendly, in fact somewhat accusatory.

Not being used to such an interrogatory tone when trying to spend money with a retailer, I replied "I really don't think that is any concern of yours"

At which point I was treated to a stream of muttered invective before the "salesman" at the other end slammed the phone down. It seems that in certain quarters, the customer is always wrong.

Curiosity piqued by the unusual approach to sales technique I did a cursory search on the 'net and to be frank, I'm pleased I didn't enter into any trade with JoJags and furthermore, consider that I got away lightly with a mere foul mouthed diatribe.

I hasten to add, at this point, that I do happen to have the conversation, if it can be described thus, recorded ;)

Based upon my own, albeit limited, experience and also what I've now read on the 'net, JoJags are a thoroughly unpleasant entity to deal with.

These are purely my own views and experience of course but if anybody is thinking of trading with them, I'd advise caution and perhaps a little research first.

Clearly not the sort of thing that would happen with the gentille MG/R traders :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 18:10 #1 

PaulT
Interesting, they have 100% feedback on eBay.

Also note that their returns policy is in breach of the Distance Selling Regulations.

I suppose asking what the items were for could have been to ensure that what you were buying was what was needed - after all, the Distance Selling Regulations, if complied with, gives you 14 days from receipt to decide you do not want the times, return them at the purchasers cost and the seller has to refund the cost plus any delivery charges. Having written that the tone needs to be correct, if it is ont then do not deal with them.

There is / was a Rover breaker on eBay that specified something like 'do not phone after xx:xx as the security man has no manners' - would not buy from them due to the attitude.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 19:18 #2 

PaulT
Just spent a good hour reading all 18 pages about the company on jaguarforum.com - very interesting. Like the 'legal' threats if you leave negative feedback and also that negative feedback disappears.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 20:30 #3 

raistlin
Also have a look at their reviews on reviewcenter.com Pail, inter alia.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 21:12 #4