Breakdown recovery by Mick

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
Spoke with AF this morning with a view to taking up their offer of breakdown recovery along with current insurance for 2 vehicles. I was expecting to pay £54.00 as quoted when I renewed my insurances recently. I declined at that time as I still had a few months to run on my RAC cover, and said I would come back to them when it runs out.
Their quote. £70.00 for each vehicle, a total of £140.00. No discount as I did not take up the offer when renewing insurance. I have used AF for the last several years as their insurance quotes have been competitive. Back to RAC, cover is for any vehicle I own and any vehicle I may be travelling in, at under £100.00

Just called RAC £77.99 (heavily discounted as I have been a member for several years,) for any vehicle. European cover is not included but, as I do not intend to travel outside UK by car this year this is not currently an issue. Needless to say, I have accepted RAC quote.

Posted 06 Jun 2016, 11:11 #1 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
Sorry to hear this. I appreciate you have now gone elsewhere but if you could PM me some details I'd be happy to look into why we were so far off.

Regards
Dan

Posted 06 Jun 2016, 14:50 #2 

PaulT
The old story with insurance associated companies - once they have got you they then look to you as a cash cow.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Jun 2016, 17:06 #3