BMW Highline Upgrade Kit by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

I've the following up for grabs:

BMW 16:9 Widescreen Headunit (With Cassette deck)
16:9 Video Module
BM24 Radio Module

All tested in my own car and working fine, the headunit could do with replacement knobs as they are worn. these are available on ebay.

There is a little work involved in chopping off two of the brackets on the head unit for it to fit on our centre console. This can be done for the seller if reqd.

I've got pictures on a memory card, however no adaptor out here to upload them.

£275 posted.

Posted 05 Jul 2012, 15:39 #1 

kandyman
Evening Jake,

Going on current EBay prices it's appears you have underpriced your equipment by a lot ;)

Good luck with your sale I would think this would fly out pretty fast.

Nice easy upgrade one which even I have managed to do :)

Posted 05 Jul 2012, 19:21 #2 

JakeWilson
Thanks Andy, I actually paid a little bit more than that for it all but the truth is that I am broke and it has to go!

Bump!

jake

Posted 05 Jul 2012, 20:47 #3 

TyphoonTT
JakeWilson wrote:Thanks Andy, I actually paid a little bit more than that for it all but the truth is that I am broke and it has to go!

Bump!

jake

Know the feeling mate. :( A very good price for those items. Really wish I could take you up on them, but the 75 needs finishing first. :gmc:

Hopefully catch up with you at the nano.

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 21:42 #4 

JakeWilson
No worries mate! How's the 75 coming along?

Must grab a beer or several at the nano all being well!

J

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 23:40 #5 

JakeWilson
Sunday bump! :-)

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 20:29 #6 

JakeWilson
And a Thursday bump! :-(

Posted 26 Jul 2012, 15:46 #7 

kandyman
Can't believe it's still for sale,

Put it on Ebay and sell it to the BMW lot for more money.

Posted 26 Jul 2012, 17:29 #8 

MN190
As you haven't cut the lugs of the widescreen monitor as Andy said you may be better to sell as individual units via ebay.
Compared with the price of a DD unit, the difference in sound quality and its just plug and play for anyone already with a highline fitted
If I hadn't already ugraded I would have bitten your hand off at this price.
Don't know if you can but it may well be worth adding to the 260 forum or any of the BMW sites

Posted 26 Jul 2012, 18:04 #9 

DrFunk
In the unlikely event that you have not sold this I would be really interested as my TV tuner has failed preventing the whole system working (as I've been told) and this would be ideal as an upgrade and a fix in one.
Since your post was in July, I'm not holding out much hope but I'll keep an eye on this just in case.

Posted 03 Dec 2012, 18:53 #10 

JakeWilson
Thanks to Mick for the bump on this!

I believe I have a standard Rover module still, but I recently sold my last 16:9 compatible unit.

If still of use, then let me know!

Best,

Jake

Posted 06 Dec 2012, 20:55 #11 

DrFunk
Thanks for the reply, I thought that before I buy a replacement that isn't an upgrade I should try fixing my unit. I did not hold out much hope but went over the solder connections to the connectors and large pcb mounted components and although I could not see any dry joints, there must have been one as it all works again now!
I'll probably look to upgrade the system eventually but less urgent now it's working again.
Thanks anyway.

Posted 16 Dec 2012, 23:20 #12