Bloody bureaucracy by raistlin

raistlin
Wolverhampton City Council have starred :(

One of the shop owners (a computer shop) looted by the rioters recently in Wolverhampton is unable to open his shop for business.

His insurers refuse to have anything to do with him until he has steel shutters on his shop front... just like most of the other shops in the row already have and in view of recent events, a reasonable request from the insurers.

WCC, however, will not grant him emergency planning permission to have them fitted and he now has to wait between 8 and 12 weeks unable to trade.

WCC have told him there will be no problem but refuse to allow him to take immediate action.

What a bunch of bureaucratic jobsworths. :angry:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 18:50 #1 

Ragman
Threaten to sue for loss of business???

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 19:29 #2 

Aurora MG
Wouldn't happen in France, they would just fit them!

Posted 11 Sep 2011, 13:51 #3 

Bernard
I'm not really surprised. In my experience, local councils will do nothing to help small businesses as they live on a different planet altogether apart from the real world. They have no conception of having to generate income, only on how to waste it.
Not that I'm bitter or anything, I just hate them and their bureaucratic excesses, parasitic existance and waste.
One day I'll say what I really feel about them.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 11 Sep 2011, 14:55 #4 

zojosc
Just another of the reasons I would leave my country of origin that I once held so dear if only the funds were available.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 11 Sep 2011, 16:35 #5 

Duncan
Being reported on Midlands Toady, right now!

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 17:48 #6 

carlpenn
Interesting considering the same council just gave a £160,000 Grant to a Shopkeeper to have Steel Shutters fitted after his shop was damaged by Rioters and Looters :confused:
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 27 Sep 2011, 08:10 #7