Big thanks to Zeb! by Dave

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dave
Popped round to Zeb Towers at (near) Skegness today, to take advantage of Carl's mechanical prowess and knowledge of Rover 75's!

He very kindly did a number of jobs for me whilst I watched and soaked up the knowledge (I would have liked to have said that I helped, but in all honesty, I didn't!)

Jobs were:-

• Change the pollen filter (very fiddly access which I would have struggled with)
  • Change the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) filter (again, not the easiest item to get to and I would have taken 10 times as long. And broken something)
  • Attempt to change the rings on the intercooler pipe (only to find that I had some sort of unique design which means my car does not have these! Looks nothing like the one in the "How To" - it's a big pipe not unlike the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) pipe, which has nothing to sit O rings in and is held on by jubilee clips. Where it attachs at the intercooler end, the plastic pipe comes off at 45 degrees instead of 90. Very odd)
  • Modify the bonnet release cable (which I should have done ages ago)
  • Re-fit the engine undertray which has been off since, ahem, April 2007

He then treated me to a sit in and listen to his MG ZT 260 (sadly on SORN) before a very spirited ride in his MG ZTT 190 - great fun to say the least and has now convinced me more than ever that I need one of these. All I need to do now is convince Gill that her Mazda MX5 is not a good car for the forthcoming very harsh winter (which to be fair, it's not) and I might be on to a winner!

Thanks Carl and good to meet you at last! :D

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 17:31 #1 

Zeb
T'was a pleasure Dave! About time we made contact in real life.....after 4-5(?) years!!!

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 22:13 #2