Big Russ - you da man! by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Or in more restrained parlance, I would very much like to extend my good wishes and thanks to Big Russ. ;)

I met Russ today and he ripped out VeeKay's ECU (Engine Control Unit), returning it some time later with a re-map, and boy, does she go now :clap:

This is how I think the car's performance should have been from initial design. I loved my Synergy but this just seems so smooth and effortless. Power to spare for acceleration for overtaking or... just because I want to go faster.

Full throttle from stationary in 'Sports Mode' was erm... interesting as well :lol:

Russ, being the gentleman that he is, provided hospitality in terms of a welcome coffee as soon as I arrived. He also did the re-map for the 'Club' price which was also very kind.

It was also nice to meet John and have a chat... oh and some geezer called stocktake, or takestock or something like that turned up uninvited as well :lol:

Nice to see you Dave :)

I've just told my insurers about the upgrade and they have noted it but have not increased my premium, which is always a bonus :lol:

If you have a diesel 75 or ZT, I can thoroughly recommend the re-map as the finishing touch to what is, by any standards a superb car.

Thanks again Russ.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 Jan 2013, 16:47 #1 

takestock
Nice to see you too Paul, it has been a while :) Looking forward to longer chats this coming Year :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Jan 2013, 17:26 #2 

kandyman
Sometimes I wish I had a diesel ; )

Posted 29 Jan 2013, 17:26 #3 

takestock
kandyman wrote:Sometimes I wish I had a diesel ; )

Err....buy one :) :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Jan 2013, 17:27 #4 

kandyman
takestock wrote:

My LWB takes up all my drive space ;)

Posted 29 Jan 2013, 19:23 #5 

Jürgen
Looks like you're enjoying your car even more now Paul. :)
What's the torque now? Do you have any numbers to share?

kandyman wrote:
takestock wrote:

My LWB takes up all my drive space ;)

Don't give up, there's always a solution Andy. In this case just replace the engine! :mrgreen:

Posted 30 Jan 2013, 16:46 #6 

raistlin
Hi Jürgen,

Sorry my friend, bo be perfectly honest, I'm not that bothered about power and torque values. I'm no longer a boy racer and I don't want launch control or a big exhaust :lol:

Seriously Jürgen, it just drives beautifully and has the ability to put an even bigger grin on my face :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Jan 2013, 17:32 #7 

Bermudan 75
Re the appearance of that Stocktaking geezer, did he have his hip flask with him? :lol:

Posted 30 Jan 2013, 17:52 #8 

Jürgen
Paul, you're just like a Rolls Royce representative in the good old days. When asked about the engine power their answer has always been sufficient. :lol:

raistlin wrote:and has the ability to put an even bigger grin on my face :)

That's the important thing. :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Jan 2013, 17:56 #9