Banger rally to Barcelona. by BingleyThe75

BingleyThe75
On the 6th of September my other half Olly and his cohorts Kristian Rasmussen, Jordan Fernando) will be setting off on a 4 day rallying adventure from Dover to Barcelona via. Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France and finally Spain in a £200 Skoda Felicia that has been cunningly disguised as a space ship (Was a pirate ship but nothing beats an astronaut apparently :P ) and subtlety named Apollo 33 1/3.
Believe it or not this is a little more than just a jolly across Western Europe. It is all in the name of Help For Heroes. They have been raising money for the better part of 6 months so that they can contribute as much as possible to the world class charity, which is striving to assist our sometimes horribly wounded servicemen and give them a fighting chance at getting back into the swing of things.

This is where you come in...
They have a target to raise at least £500 before they start on the 7th September 2013 and they need your help to make this happen. Below i have linked the Just Giving Fund raising page and what i would really appreciate is if you could make a contribution to the cause. Every penny raised goes straight to Help for Heroes.

You can give as much or as little as you like or nothing at all if that's what you prefer. I must ask though that if you can't spare anything that you forward this message to everyone you can so the word can be spread as broadly as possible. The more people we get in touch with the greater the chance they have of reaching their target and ipso facto the more British serviceman can benefit from their endeavour.

Here's the link for their 'Just Giving page' and below that is the link to the rally website:
http://www.justgiving.com/teamlandpirate
http://www.bangerrun.com/
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this message.
In a cold world, it's a warm place,
Where you know that you're supposed to be.

Posted 28 Aug 2013, 07:02 #1 

BingleyThe75
So far at work I've managed to get £88, and thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone wants to donate a few pennies. At last check £255 has been donated plus however much I manage to get together at work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted 28 Aug 2013, 09:06 #2 

BingleyThe75
Olly told me earlier on that he'd recieved notification of a donation from 75ZTCommunity, so I'd like to offer a big thanks to everyone on his behalf :)

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 00:01 #3 

kandyman
Donation made, should help buy a gallon of petrol :)

Make sure we are kept up to date with loads of pictures.

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 18:37 #4 

BingleyThe75
I will do, I'll tell him to take plenty while he's in transit :P I'm rather tempted to do something similar myself next year...

Posted 03 Sep 2013, 07:20 #5 

BingleyThe75
Just thought I'd post a quick update while I have a few moments of free time. Olly's managed to reach his target and then some (£575), and is currently somewhere in Spain as far as I'm aware. On Saturday night, he had to resort to sleeping in the car... In Switzerland (pretty cold...) I have some pictures, but don't know how to post them in a comment, but I shall give it a go!

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 18:11 #6 

BingleyThe75

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 18:11 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Quality. :D :D :hail:

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 18:13 #8 

BingleyThe75

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 18:15 #9 

kandyman
Love the car,

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 19:49 #10 

Bermudan 75
Good to see the UK has got a thriving space programme :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 10 Sep 2013, 20:40 #11 

BingleyThe75
They made it to Barcelona. 4 days, 1,700 miles, no breakdowns. All in, the teams raised more than £30,000 for help for heroes. Once Olly posts some more photos up online I'll post them in here for everyone to see.

Posted 11 Sep 2013, 18:06 #12 

BingleyThe75

Posted 25 Sep 2013, 23:04 #13