Back to square one... by raistlin

raistlin
I was sentencing an individual today who had defrauded the Department of Work and Pensions by claiming benefits to which she was not entitled.

We decided on a period of unpaid work in the community along with a supervision order.

Oh dear, what a story of woe... she had arthritis (both types) (sic), "heart problems", diabetes, vertigo and an unspecified "female problem". That sort of put the lid on getting her to do any unpaid work. More suitable, we thought, for the knackers yard.

We went onto the period of supervision and she was told to attend all appointments promptly or else she would find herself back in Court.

She looked very worried and asked if there was any leeway with appointment times. When asked why, she told us that she invariably worked overtime and didn't want to lose the time-and-a-half rate by having to take time off work during the day to attend appointments. She was usually free by 7:30 pm though, if that would help.

EDIT I forgot to add... she is a fork lift driver / loader.

OK... let's start again :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 19:01 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 08 Mar 2011, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Foot in mouth job there. :)

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 19:05 #2 

JohnDotCom
Some people just don't use the brains they were born with. Twat!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 19:32 #3 

PaulT
Paul

How do you do that job - if it had been me then at point I would have been looking for the black cap.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 09 Mar 2011, 10:04 #4 

Bernard
It happens at all levels....remember Ernest Saunders who 'recovered' from Alzheimer's?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 09 Mar 2011, 18:08 #5