Aviation... again by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

raistlin
Thrust to weight ratio of well in excess of 1, I'd say, looking at that flight.

What a magnificent model :)

Nice find Peter.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 25 Nov 2013, 14:32 #21 

Last edited by raistlin on 25 Nov 2013, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

Borg Warner
Wow!!

Gary M.

Posted 25 Nov 2013, 16:32 #22 

podge
Just look at these,click on the links for each type,the Hunter is lovely too..........proper jet fighters back then :-)
http://www.mickreevesmodels.co.uk/~mick ... s/jets.htm

Posted 25 Nov 2013, 19:23 #23 

woolleysox
:unionflag: :clap: :clap: My feelings. In a word. Wow. :unionflag: :clap:
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 25 Nov 2013, 19:53 #24 

Borg Warner
I've always wanted to fly model aircraft but would be too afraid of crashing the thing which, after building it, would break my heart.

Gary M.

Posted 26 Nov 2013, 21:59 #25 

DaveyC
It is possible to do this on the cheap.....http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _PNF_.html

:-)

Posted 26 Nov 2013, 22:26 #26 

Bermudan 75
Jan14 2014, Thunder City Lightning backin the air......

Read about it in the the latest edition of Flypast in my local Sainsburys library.

Wonderful news, the aircraft was given a full overhaul with close co-operation with the SA CAA.
Our CAA should talk to their counterparts in the USA, Canada and SA and learn about keeping old jets airworthy.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 31 Jan 2014, 19:09 #27 

raistlin
Apparently, it's all going to be reported upon in the next edition of the RAeS monthly publication. That'll make an interesting read :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Jan 2014, 19:21 #28 

PaulT
podge wrote:...........except a stunning white airliner with a pointy nose (then I am a little biased :-)).

Used to live in the last London borough before Surrey and constantly annoyed by aircraft on the approach to Heathrow - apart from around 18:00 when I had to rush out and watch a particular aircraft go over.

All these millions pounds of public money to save a bit of canvas with paint on - much more interesting to spend it on preserving things that can do things.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 31 Jan 2014, 19:57 #29 

MrDoodles
Fantastic news!

Posted 31 Jan 2014, 20:22 #30 

podge
"" apart from around 18:00 when I had to rush out and watch a particular aircraft go over. ""
might that be the one y.t. used to work on,much missed by us all I might add too!
HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

Great news about the Lightning!!!!!

Posted 02 Feb 2014, 16:25 #31 

Borg Warner
Movies4Men(?) had what appeared to be an excellent programme yesterday on the Harrier. Only managed to catch about 15 minutes of it, have looked for the week ahead but it's not repeated, but as they tend to put such things on a reel I'm sure it will be on again. Seemed very good.

Gary M.

Posted 02 Feb 2014, 18:50 #32 

PaulT
"" apart from around 18:00 when I had to rush out and watch a particular aircraft go over. ""
might that be the one y.t. used to work on,much missed by us all I might add too!
HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

I could say perhaps not as nothing fell off but, I presume ground crew, like air crew were extremely proud of being associated with the aircraft.

Such a shame that BA rejected Bransons offer for the aircraft so they could be kept flying. Nice of BA to make that decision inspite of every taxpayer paying for the aircraft - wonder what the outcome if they had asked those who had paid for them?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 02 Feb 2014, 19:58 #33 

Borg Warner
Just noticed there's the repeat of documentary on Thursday 13 Feb at 4.30pm on Movies4Men about the Harrier.

Gary M.

Posted 10 Feb 2014, 22:28 #34