Automibili storiche in parata a Bardelino, Lago di Garda. by Jumper

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Jumper
OK, not a lot of them, and no 75’s, but you have to work with what you’ve got, si?

TVR, Lancia, Alfa, Fiat, Mercedes, Oldsmobile, R-R (Spur?), Jaguar, and others whose names have escaped, lined up in 90 degree glaring sunshine at the weekend.
And what about those mink trimmed goggles for back seat drivers of an open car? How’s that for style. And a superb rad-top mascot.

They were serried by a marshal, who, with typical Italian gesticulatory bella figura, naturally assumed that even one inch out of line amounted to an attempt at castration.

Within five minutes the members had filled their ice buckets at the nearest restaurant, owned by a familial acquaintance on the downside of the favour game, and the iced Martinis were flowing.

Nearest thing to a 75 was the disappearing 400 about two miles away. He was frightened off by the Triumph (different one to the ’show’ one) and the Maserati next to it. Their drivers (yellow-trousered, pink over-the-shoulder-knitted-accessories, white shoes-no socks, and, curiously, considerably older than their passengers) were studiously nonchalant, casually awaiting their respective shoe-shopping and delightfully attractive very scantily clad very feminine close friends. Such nice, devout girls. (Whose candid but non-intrusive pic can be made available for a small compensatory fee).

Oh, yes, finally. That was the adventurous pigeon of questionable gender that took a chance in flying through the local custom paint shop. I kid you not, that is not photo-shopped. Who would have guessed it, Italian birds are fashion icons.

Posted 14 Sep 2012, 21:54 #1 

Last edited by Jumper on 17 Sep 2012, 19:04, edited 3 times in total.

Samarkand
Nice pictures. When I was a kid, that Rolls Royce in particular (colour and model) used to be my dream car :thumbsup:

Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 15 Sep 2012, 04:34 #2 

Last edited by Samarkand on 15 Sep 2012, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

Chartermark
What superb pictures Ray. If the Merc's a 190, a relative of mine had one (The Berlin Taxi) in a russet brown color with superb beige interior. I remember driving down to Devon in it for a camping holiday, aged 14!

It had a bench seat in the front a and column change gearbox. I remember particularly the big column speedo, with a tower that rose as the speed climbed.

Posted 15 Sep 2012, 15:46 #3 

Samarkand
Chartermark wrote:What superb pictures Ray. If the Merc's a 190, a relative of mine had one (The Berlin Taxi) in a russet brown color with superb beige interior. I remember driving down to Devon in it for a camping holiday, aged 14!

It had a bench seat in the front a and column change gearbox. I remember particularly the big column speedo, with a tower that rose as the speed climbed.

And it changed colour according to speed from green to yellow to red... I remember this one as well. They used to be taxis mostly in Beirut in the 70s...
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 15 Sep 2012, 16:01 #4 

Jumper
Thanks both. That's my favourite of the show. Absolutely superb, in pristine condition, a chariot to be proud of. Not unlike the ubiquitous Rover 75!

Posted 15 Sep 2012, 17:49 #5 

ceedy
Have the pics disappeared ??
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 12:05 #6 

Jürgen
ceedy wrote:Have the pics disappeared ??

Yes, Jumper's gallery is empty now. :confused:

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 12:14 #7 

Jumper
My sincere and embarrassing apologies! I had assumed that once loaded into a post, the pics would no longer be needed in gallery. Mind you, they appear in thread when I enter it. What's happening? That's the trouble when you put a luddite on a keyboard. I might even write a Shakespeare sonnet one day. Might have 13 lines though.

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 13:03 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If you can still see the pics on your computer it will be because they are being held in your browsers internet cache, unfortunately nobody else can see them. :)

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 13:30 #9 

Jumper
Oh dear. Thanks Mick! Luckily, experience of making so many bloomers has taught me to save originals! So I'll dig them out and, er, hope this is the correct terminology, repopulate. Now, where's that length of sack cloth and bucket of ashes?

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 15:11 #10 

Jumper
That should all be ok now! Apologies, I'm sure everyone is sorely disappointed but hopefully now back in order.

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 19:07 #11