Autobox slow change by typera

typera
My diesel auto suddenly started behaving odd yesterday. I was doing a fair amount of overtaking on minor roads abd was using the "sport" mode for a bit more unph - obviously done this many times. Suddenly it revved to 4000 rpm but then wouldn't change up - probably into 5th gear. As the journey progressed and I went through villages the auto, once in a lower gear, accelerated very slowly and wasn't too keen to go through the gears, no matter how much throttle I gave it. Whilst on a minor road trying to accel to 40+ mph I thought it would never get there,then it kind of spluttered and then worked ok. Today the problem has not gone away - it's almost like fuel starvation? Any thoughts please???

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 16:31 #1 

JohnDotCom
While waiting for some help, ;) I would suggest a session on a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) to see what faults are loaded on there.
Has the Gearbox oil been changed using the correct type and put in at correct Temperature (Using T4 or similar) at specified mileage?
If not get this done first as can save a lot of hassle.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Dec 2011, 17:59 #2