Auto box by Jumper

Jumper
In the olden days, yes I know, I know, when driving one's P6B with the Borg Warner 65, one could drop a gear by using the shift stick (without tripping the kick-down). Very useful for trickling along without too much palaver. Can one do the same with the 75 auto box? Don't want to try it without info for obvious reasons and the handbook doesn't go there.

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 16:52 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Perfectly acceptable use of the big switch to change up and down.

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 17:09 #2 

JohnDotCom
I agree with Mick, also switching to sports mode has a "real" effect. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 17:32 #3 

takestock
Pair of boy racers............
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 17:51 #4 

JohnDotCom
Pair of boy racers............

and then there were three..................
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 17:52 #5 

takestock
50 mph, put yer foot to floor, drop 3 gears woohooo...............

Oh the noise officer :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 17:53 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The selector offers a faster change down than the kick down and you can be more precise, I dislike the delay from the kick down and not knowing if the box will change down halfway through a bend. Better to select 3 and control the bend, depending on how fast you intend to take it.
John knows I quite like fast bends. :D

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 17:59 #7 

JohnDotCom
John knows I quite like fast bends.

Yes that was a fun day! :-D
John

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 18:01 #8 

Jürgen
Mick wrote:John knows I quite like fast bends. :D

There are some nice bends in your area indeed Mick. :D

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 18:15 #9 

takestock
He, He, He, Mick drives John around the bend, it's official :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 18:34 #10 

Jumper
Well, I'm grateful for the info and somewhat excited by the promise of forthcoming delights. But I must say I am shocked at the cavalier attitude towards elegant progression along the public highway. Who said Rover owners were staid oldies?

Posted 08 Dec 2011, 19:05 #11 

Chartermark
Jumper wrote:Well, I'm grateful for the info and somewhat excited by the promise of forthcoming delights. But I must say I am shocked at the cavalier attitude towards elegant progression along the public highway. Who said Rover owners were staid oldies?

Jeremy Clarkson Ray, who said the 75,

"was the only car, factory supplied with a queue of 25 cars behind it, and with a 'Wood Burning Stove' as an optional extra" ...

I find the Synergy charged diesel a sprightly machine, but prefer to let the expert F1 A12 drivers in their 'Transit Panzers' take the lead and show me how its done.

Posted 09 Dec 2011, 14:57 #12 

Jumper
Hi Martin. The 'wood burning stove' might explain the depletion of the Black Forest. Oh, and don't follow the 'Transit Panzers' too closely - they suddenly catch up with the Frenchies leading the charge away from where it's all happening.

Posted 09 Dec 2011, 16:26 #13 

Chartermark
God bless the Merkosy's, lets hope they ban us 'tout suit' from their chaotic and idyllistic ship of fools - cos I don't think Cameron's for walking ...

herauf Ihr, unt

et vôtre trop mon ami!

Posted 09 Dec 2011, 17:17 #14 

Jumper
Now that's not nice. Good way to hoodwink the swear filter though. There ought to be a way of making hand gestures on forums. Like medieval English archer's salutes. Or the mysteriously arthritic middle finger that so many other motorists seem to be afflicted with, coupled with a congenital compunction to show it off.

Posted 10 Dec 2011, 14:42 #15 

Duncan
Jeremy who?

Posted 10 Dec 2011, 21:14 #16