Auto boot opening Mod by takestock (Page 2 of 2)

raistlin
One method to easily do it is using a third party remote. Or you could have it included in the "Ultimate Remote" mod if you wanted.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 May 2013, 09:47 #21 

MrDoodles
Roverite wrote:I recently got my kit from Steve, and they work fine. However, my car is a Mark 1 75 saloon, and it doesn't work from the 'plip', only the interior release button, or manually with the boot key (not advisable). At yesterdays Midlands Nano meet, I was told that the 'plip' only works on the Mk2 saloons, and that it can't be programmed in, on a Mk1, without changing the BCU (Body Control Unit). Can somebody confirm that this is correct, and if so, what action is needed?

Roverite.

Quite correct! :)

You need a BCU from a Mk 2 and the part number you need is either a YWC001521 or a YWC001522.

Your car will then need a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) session as the ZCS codes will need doing so that it then works with your car! ;)

Posted 13 May 2013, 17:24 #22 

takestock
Or.... purchase an aftermarket remote and a kit from Raistlin ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 May 2013, 17:57 #23 

Roverite
Many thanks for the quick replies; I think I will go with the Mk2 BCU and get it T4'd at a Nano meet. It is loose anyway, so I can get it fixed at the same time.

Roverite.

Posted 14 May 2013, 08:53 #24 

Roverite
[quote="Roverite"]Many thanks for the quick replies; I think I will go with the Mk2 BCU and get it T4'd at a Nano meet. It is loose anyway, so I can get it fixed at the same time.

Roverite.[/quot

I have just had another thought; how does the plip open the boot on a Mk2? My plip only has one 'lock' button and one 'unlock' button, so will the boot open every time you unlock the car with the plip, or, has the Mk2 plip got 3 buttons, or, do you have to press the unlock button twice? I only want to unlock the boot with the plip when I need the boot lid to open, I don't want it to open every time I unlock the car.

Roverite.

Posted 15 May 2013, 12:40 #25 

Bernard
Hold the button in for a few seconds for the boot to unlock.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 15 May 2013, 13:01 #26 

Roverite
Bernard wrote:Hold the button in for a few seconds for the boot to unlock.

Thanks Bernard.

Roverite.

Posted 16 May 2013, 07:25 #27