ATS Wolves and the exhaust back box bracket happy me by sewerman

sewerman
Well the exhaust bracket holding the back box to the car corroded through as they do, so I decided not to go for a new exhaust but change the bracket.

Rimmers have them in stock for around £43 for both halves, Ebay had both parts for around £36 or a rusty looking second hand one for £28.

So I decided to do the rounds of the local exhaust centres in Wolverhampton.

The first 2 local places said no can do on a new bracket their not made, quoted for a new exhaust back box £120/£90 respectively.

Kwik Fit - cant do anything till we've seen it on a ramp mate be about 30 mins - so drove on to the local ATS

Helpfull chap knew what I was talking about - phoned the supplier - same story, new back box. But he phoned another supplier and hey presto they had the brackets in stock and he quoted me £30 fitted. So I got him to order it and went in yesterday to have the work done.

1.5 hrs later and after all 4 fitters were standing under the car it was done :-D only thing is they fit it backwards (prongs facing forward not back so its around the rear of the box not the middle) which is why I think they had a problem, showed me under the car what they had done and its all solid so for £30 i'm well happy.

Not normally a great lover of these commercial garage places but Wolverhampton ATS were very good this time.

Also the company that they used to supply the bracket was Andrew Page https://retail.andrewpage.com/catalogue/car-parts-12304?gclid=CPP7mpX23McCFUI_GwodzkcChw dont know what they would charge the non trade for the part but worth a ring if anyone is looking to get a new exhaust bracket.

Scott
Royal Blue Rover 75 CDT Tourer

Posted 04 Sep 2015, 08:28 #1 

stephenaustin779
How can i get the rubber bushes on my exaust back box

Sent from my LG-E430 using Tapatalk

Posted 20 Sep 2015, 07:56 #2 

TimO
I recently purchased one from the following seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosal-Exhaust ... 25a90ad6f6

If it's any help.

Cheers