Anyone use mytyres.co.uk by Mad-Monkey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
Was it a good experience?? :)

Their tyre prices fully fitted at a station of choice is £290 for two 225/45/R18 Potenza RE040. £70 cheaper than my local fitter, and if I choose to get them fitted from my own preferred fitter I can get them for £260 delivered. £100 cheaper :shock: Supposidly a fitter not far away fits them at £6 a tyre with valve and balancing.

Looking at my cheapest options with compromising on my tyre of choice :mrgreen:

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 09:41 #1 

MrB
Monk wrote:Was it a good experience?? :)

Their tyre prices fully fitted at a station of choice is £290 for two 225/45/R18 Potenza RE040. £70 cheaper than my local fitter, and if I choose to get them fitted from my own preferred fitter I can get them for £260 delivered. £100 cheaper :shock: Supposidly a fitter not far away fits them at £6 a tyre with valve and balancing.

Not used them but I have used Camskill, who were excellent - fast delivery and they have the tyres you want in stock for slightly more than mytyres but they also have a price beater promise.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b0s557p0

Hope this helps.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 10:20 #2 

Mad-Monkey
MrB wrote:
Monk wrote:Was it a good experience?? :)

Not used them but I have used Camskill, who were excellent - fast delivery and they have the tyres you want in stock for slightly more than mytyres but they also have a price beater promise.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b0s557p0

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks I have submitted a price beater request. :) Google seems to give mixed reviews on mytyres but they all seem consistant on the delivery being a bit slow which isn't a major concern at the moment, but I would like them fitted before the Bank Holiday.

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 10:30 #3 

MrB
Am pretty certain Camskill will, at the very least, match the mytyres price.

Always best to shop around.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 10:42 #4 

Mad-Monkey
Camskill could not price match, however they gave me a price of £131.97 + P&P. Worked out about £8 dearer for two tyres, but went with them as there is a fair amount of good feedback.

Cheers for the link!

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 11:51 #5 

carlpenn
I used another similar site called tyre shopper. They are great too, I went into a "Local" fitters and asked how much for a set of Avon ZV5's they quoted something on the line of £320 - I bought them from tyre shopper and had them fitted at the same garage for £80 less :lol:

Tyres where waiting on the morning of the agreed fitting date etc no problems. Will certainly use again.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 19:38 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Had an email stating they had been dispatched today, so hopefully fitted for the weekend! :mrgreen:

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 19:56 #7 

MrB
Glad it all worked out for you.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 23:42 #8 

richardwjackson
Used www.allnewtyres.co.uk recently and they were very cheap and professional.

£200 for 4 Kenda Kaisers fitted! :D

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 08:17 #9 

Mad-Monkey
Tyres delivered by camskill yesterday, just been and had them fitted and had the laser wheel alignment jobby done. Oh my how I love my car agin. The road noise is gone, the annoying rattles have gone, the car is smoother, its not tramlining, it literally floats compared to yesterday, and this is the rain! :)

Only downsides, 1) I paid extra for fitting as I couldn't get over to where I wanted but they were desperate on the changing ;) Still paid less than 2 tyres off the shelf though. 2) Chap said brake discs are looking worn and perhaps think about changing them in the future. Hopefully someone at the nano-meet can confirm this statement. :)

Roll on the weekend!! :cheers:

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 12:21 #10 

MrB
Monk wrote:Tyres delivered by camskill yesterday, just been and had them fitted and had the laser wheel alignment jobby done. Oh my how I love my car agin. The road noise is gone, the annoying rattles have gone, the car is smoother, its not tramlining, it literally floats compared to yesterday, and this is the rain! :)

Only downsides, 1) I paid extra for fitting as I couldn't get over to where I wanted but they were desperate on the changing ;) Still paid less than 2 tyres off the shelf though. 2) Chap said brake discs are looking worn and perhaps think about changing them in the future. Hopefully someone at the nano-meet can confirm this statement. :)

Roll on the weekend!! :cheers:

Excellent news.

Glad it's all sorted. Know what you mean about the tramlining on worn tyres. Civic was terrible for it.

Remember if you replace your discs you'll have to fit new pads too. On the plus side I got Mintex rear discs and pads for my CDT off eBay for less than £50 and the fronts aren't much more.

Just had a quick look and I see you have a 190 - so your brakes are different to mine - larger discs on the front and vented rather than solid rears IIRC?

Here's a link to the fronts for yours for sale on eBay by the same seller I got mine from - fast delivery, good price and genuine Mintex items

View eBay item 360060693091

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 12:41 #11 

kandyman
Glad you got your tyres sorted out, for breaks remember the offer we have for EBC, read about it here viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1364

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 13:37 #12 

Mad-Monkey
How does the EBC stuff rate? Turbo Grooved Discs are £155 a pair I noticed on one site, bit dearer than the mintex.

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 13:55 #13 

MrB
Had full EBC setup on the Civic.

Used just standard EBC discs on the front, with Green Stuff pads all round.

The brakes improved a great deal with the EBC stuff and they lasted well too. Front discs are on their second set of Green Stuff pads, pads covered approx 25K miles, discs have covered 30K and are still well in spec.

I only replaced the rear Green Stuff pads recently ready for the MOT, after they had covered 30K miles, and they were hardly warn. The rear discs were the original Honda ones and were well past their best.

I have always found Mintex stuff to be reasonable quality, but it isn't a performance upgrade like the EBC stuff.

Another thing with the EBC performance stuff is that you should tell your insurance company you have fitted them. They usually don't add a charge but state in the event of a claim they would be replaced with OEM and not EBC.

As usual it comes down to personal preference and the depth of your pockets. Full Mintex setup for less than the cost of a pair of EBC discs. But the EBC stuff will very likely noticably improve the braking performance of your car.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 17:33 #14