anyone know this car by ceedy

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ceedy
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 08:29 #1 

Cowley_MOA
Well one of 2 things apply here. He bought it to 'do up' and found it needed more work than he was expecting so has decided to sell it. Or he bought it, gave it a quick clean and is now selling for a profit. I think it could be the latter.

There is a phone number on the ad. so if I were you I would speak to him and try to come to some arangement.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 08:42 #2 

VMax1000
Probably bought back from the insurrance company.

Due to the prices of parts they're easily written-off.

If you buy it, realise it's a Cat-D
Herman

http://www.two-sixties.com

Luck is tenacity of purpose

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 16:09 #3 

Mad-Monkey
What difference does being a Cat D make?

Also I notice it has no traction, does this make it the pov spec V8?

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 16:13 #4 

VMax1000
Monk wrote:What difference does being a Cat D make?

Also I notice it has no traction, does this make it the pov spec V8?

The MK1 260 didn't have traction control. It was introduced on the MK2, but is about as useful as a chocolate tea-pot. When it cuts in you just stop, dangerous when pulling away from a crossing and wheelspin detected (dead in the middle of the road).....
Herman

http://www.two-sixties.com

Luck is tenacity of purpose

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 16:56 #5 

ceedy
Well seller has replied to me ...

With its new MOt/Tax some bits for the MOT, + the rather high copart extra they always find ..

the total cost is just under 4k .to him ,

but with 260's not being very high @ the mo .. 6-6k5 is about all I would pay for a good un .. and this one with CAT D , needing fair bit of painting and with no history is now looking a bit steep.

C.
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 22:01 #6 

Mike
doh!!

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 08:40 #7 

ceedy
Mike wrote:doh!!

eh?... :confused: ..

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 09:06 #8 

Tim
Mike is suggesting you are being a bit short-sighted. I think you are talking like a person who sees a car as a car :)

4 - 6k for a very limited production car, hmmmmmmmm. But I am not quite impartial either :roll:

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 20:50 #9 

ceedy
Ah. I see I think ??. ;)

A bit academic now as it gone . He wouldn't sell it at (my right price, and I did offer more than my first offer.)
But even with it being a luverly Blue 260, £4.7k with at least 1200-1500 to be spent on it to get a nice looking car and then still with no service history and a Cat D hanging over it was still a bit steep.

Yup I Still want a 260 , and will pay a reasonable price for a good un.

But sorry , its still just a car. just as my CDTIis , which looks the same, depreicates still, costs far less to run, and on most roads isn't that far off in grunt., but a tad slower.

But then it just doesn't do the noise ! :D

ooer I'm off :gmc:

Chris

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 08:29 #10 

Mike
Hi Ceedy,

Actually I deleted my original post 'cos what I said had already been posted.the doh! was for me being dense lol Mind you Tim makes a useful point; they really aren't only a car, they are a very expensive, life draining long term partner :) |Wonderful!

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 08:37 #11 

ceedy
Mike wrote:Hi Ceedy,

Actually I deleted my original post 'cos what I said had already been posted.the doh! was for me being dense lol Mind you Tim makes a useful point; they really aren't only a car, they are a very expensive, life draining long term partner :) |Wonderful!

I married one of them !! :lol:

Cheers Mick, no probs , Still gonna get one .. hopefully before I'm too Old :D

Chris

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 08:52 #12