Another tale... ooops, they weren't prepared for that by raistlin

raistlin
I was dealing with a trial of an Indian woman yesterday. She was charged with failing to provide the Chief Constable with details of a driver.

It was a curious little trial and in the end we found her not guilty. However, the evidence given in the trial made a perfect audit trail of evidence for a charge of perverting the course of justice against two individuals who set her up and exploited her naivety.

It became clear to us that both individuals were in the public gallery and had behaved in a despicable manner which led to a woman aged 70, who spoke little or no English being charged.

I have to say though, that I watched their faces with interest as I pronounced the not guilty verdict and their expressions didn't waver. However, when I then directed the Crown Prosecution Service to examine the evidence given in the case and to cause the Police to investigate a clear case of perverting the course of justice they both went quite pale and all of a sudden it didn't seem like a brilliant wheeze to get the old girl involved just to save one of them from explaining why they were driving without insurance.

Driving without insurance is normally dealt with these days by a fixed penalty, 6 points and £200 fine. Perverting the course of justice is an indictable only offence, ie. Crown Court and, in the overall scheme of things is quite a biggie :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Apr 2016, 18:08 #1 

PaulT
Shame no photos
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 08 Apr 2016, 07:39 #2