Andy willi & John's mini nano meet 12/02/2011 by johnwh74 (Page 1 of 2)

johnwh74
Hi Everyone - Andy Willi and Myself of A & L Automotive Doncaster are having another open day at the workshop which is FREE to all members on Saturday 12th febuary from 8.30am onwards.

So again if you have any little jobs that you require doing or you have any concerns over your pride and joy then come down and see us and we will gladly help out. As from the last meeting we had some jobs done that couldnt be done at normal meets like laser tracking, wheels balanced etc.

Come to the workshop and make use of our knowledge and facilities

Diagnostic computer (not T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) but Sykes Pickivant equ) FREE TO ALL MEMBERS

Possible that there will be a T4 there - will confirm before meeting

We have tyres, Tyre changing machine, balancing machine, ramps and 4 wheel laser alignment tracking equipment and now a shot blaster on site.

Huge stores deptartment for all your motoring needs.

Tea and coffee making facilities

Cafe over the road OR free delivery from sandwich shop (try the belly buster)

Come take advantage of this amazing opportunity and feel free to bring cake and biscuits :D :D

http://www.alautomotive.info/

Unit 6 & 8 Holmeroid Road

Carcroft

Doncaster

DN6 7BH

All Are Welcome

Regards John (07854 152 782) and Andy Willi

PS... Anyone wanting tyres, if you could please let myself or Andy Willi know the sizes you require so we can make sure we have them in stock. We can advise on the price of tyres before the meet.

thank you
Nottingham Forest Forever

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 12:55 #1 

takestock
Me Sir, me sir :) :) :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Dec 2010, 14:31 #2 

timbo.p6
is this dave grovling

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 19:06 #3 

hodgy
Can I come please
Best Regards

Alan

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 19:42 #4 

starbug2
takestock wrote:Me Sir, me sir :) :) :D

you sound keen , i hope you bring a apple for the teacher :lol: .
laser tracking, sound very interesting is it the 4 wheel job? if so please sir pick me . oh please sir i'll bring a apple :thumbsup: :cheers:

Capt's log supplemental ...
oh bother , oh f-ing poo poo i've just noticed i'll be in Bournemouth that week end :panic: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: so can't come over , i guess i'll just take my apple to the convention instead :hissyfit: :scared:

Ps it is a sci fi convention

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 20:46 #5 

johnwh74
Everyone is welcome Hodgy, just let us know if there are any jobs that you require doing so we can make sure we have everything to hand :clap:

Yes it is 4 wheel laser alignment tracking :D :D And we dont want apples, unless they are in pies :lol:

JOhn

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 14:30 #6 

Dallas
Doncaster! :o why do you nice guys have to be all the way in Doncaster, don't nobody live down here in the sunny Bournemouth area anymore....... :lol:

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 15:04 #7 

starbug2
Dallas wrote:Doncaster! :o why do you nice guys have to be all the way in Doncaster, don't nobody live down here in the sunny Bournemouth area anymore....... :lol:

i'll be going to Bournemouth in Feb :thumbsup:

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 18:39 #8 

RRobson
think i mite turn upto this, see some friendly faces again :)
dave, same again if you please ;)
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 19:21 #9 

Devilish
I would like to come along to this, have no jobs that need doing.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 12 Jan 2011, 13:50 #10 

johnwh74
Devilish wrote:I would like to come along to this, have no jobs that need doing.

You're very welcome to come along :D

Posted 14 Jan 2011, 09:20 #11 

MrB
Hopefully be at this to have the car generally looked over again and to have a four wheel alignment check.

Will brings some form of confectionary with me for you John.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 14 Jan 2011, 11:46 #12 

Hommer
I missed your last one :em: so I'd defo like to come along to this one, my hand brake could do with a tweek !! :mrgreen:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 18:43 #13 

johnwh74
Thats fine Hommer -

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 01:21 #14 

MrB
You reckon we'd have time to change over my rocker cover? Andy reckoned it could be done in a couple of hours when I was last there for the clutch doing.

Which reminds me, my master cylinder went dry on me last weekend..... think my new slave cylinder has failed already as no signs of leakage from the master cylinder.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 01 Feb 2011, 14:55 #15 

johnwh74
MrB wrote:You reckon we'd have time to change over my rocker cover? Andy reckoned it could be done in a couple of hours when I was last there for the clutch doing.

Which reminds me, my master cylinder went dry on me last weekend..... think my new slave cylinder has failed already as no signs of leakage from the master cylinder.

Unfortunately Mr B, we have that much work already booked in at the nano meet we wont be able to fit it in on the day.
However you're more than welcome to come another day to have this work done.

Regards John

Posted 01 Feb 2011, 21:04 #16 

johnwh74
dear members and Friends

Myself and Andy would just like to say that this is a nano meet, we are here to help, offer our expertise, advise, facilities, tools and the kettle as required.

The idea of a nano meet is for people to come to a friendly place to do your own repairs or modifications with people who you can turn to if you need help or guidance, not for myself or Andy to do the work for you. We will help out anyway we can, provide the tools, advise and a helping hand if required.

We are doing laser alignment tracking for members and we are also doing a full service so people can watch and learn how to do it for themselves in the future.

Hope this hasnt put any noses out of joint and as it has already been said, We do have hearts of gold and are willing to help however we can

Regards
John and Andy - A & L automotive

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 21:09 #17 

MrB
johnwh74 wrote:
MrB wrote:You reckon we'd have time to change over my rocker cover? Andy reckoned it could be done in a couple of hours when I was last there for the clutch doing.

Unfortunately Mr B, we have that much work already booked in at the nano meet we wont be able to fit it in on the day.
However you're more than welcome to come another day to have this work done.

Regards John

Wasn't suggesting Andy did the work. Although I can see why you might think that. As I say when I was last there Andy had suggested it would probably take me a couple of hours to do, so long as nothing went wrong e.g. injector refusing to come out.

Thought the Nano would be a good opportunity for me to do it with someone there to advise me in case things went wrong, especially if an injector wouldn't come out or something similar.

Which to my mind, is exactly what Andy had suggested about these meets. That he be there to offer expertise and the use of his facilities.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 21:45 #18 

Hommer
Thanks to Andy and John for arranging this meet,was good to meet you both, and also thanks to Dave for sorting my Balance motor, your a real gent, and to Reece for fitting it :thumbsup:

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 18:27 #19 

takestock
No Problems Des, seemingly some people had time to take photos :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 18:31 #20