Alloy refurb company? by Duncan

Duncan
I'm sure there was a thread about a midlands refurb company that was doing an offer very cheap for alloy refurbs. I was going to get some steel rims to fit winter tyres but they are so rare that it will be cheaper to refurb the crowns I have in the garage.

Oh and if anyone has a set of 45 15" rims for winters, I know someone who is looking. The car has coronet wheels on it so matching would be nice. They don't want to spend much though as the car is basically just a hack to put miles on.

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 20:40 #1 

kandyman
Hi duncan,

We have a community deal that Simon sorted out for us :)

viewtopic.php?t=2069#p18399

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 21:15 #2 

raistlin
I got VeeKay's done at a place in Bilston Duncan. Excellent results, if you recall, and £50 per corner for the works.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 21:19 #3 

Duncan
Andy thanks. I saw that but I'm sure there was a really good deal posted that beat them by a long way. If I can't find it I'll look at them as they have a good reputation.

Paul, I agree your weels looked good too. What were they called so I can get an idea of price, please?

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 21:28 #4 

kandyman
Let me know if you find a cheap/good place as I have a set of starspoke that I have to get refurbished :)

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 21:45 #5 

Bernard
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 22:24 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bernard wrote:Is this it?

http://www.citypowdercoating.co.uk/

Thats the one Bernard took mine yesterday picking them up friday saw lots of wheels there and the finish looked good for £20 per corner my straughts were kurbed quite bad but lee the chap said he will sort them so i will post friday the outcome Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 22:40 #7 

Duncan
That's the one.

That is by far the cheapest I've seen, everyone else being nearer £40 per wheel.

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 07:01 #8 

raistlin
A1 Renovations is the one in Bilston Duncan. Might be worth asking for a quote.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 07:32 #9 

Pedro
kandyman wrote:Let me know if you find a cheap/good place as I have a set of starspoke that I have to get refurbished :)

Andy, for us southerners, a good place is BJV Engineering near Hemel Hempstead. They charge £160+VAT for a set of 4 and they made an excellent job of my serpents.
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 14 Sep 2011, 07:48 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:That's the one.

That is by far the cheapest I've seen, everyone else being nearer £40 per wheel.

HI Duncan.
As mentioned i took four 18" straights over to them Monday asking could you get them ready for me by Friday, answer was yes no problem, then yesterday i thought if i want to get the new tyres on for the weekend i would need them back before that so rang him this morning if he could do them today and could i pick them up ? answer was thought you said friday, yer i said but need them a bit earlier he then replied if you had phoned about 30mins ago i could have put them in batch we are doing but now you will have to leave it with me give me a ring about 2.00pm, ok fair enough i thought i have dropped it on him so rang at 2.00pm all done he says come and pick them up so off i go thinking wonder what they goig to be like for £20 a corner.

When i got there i had the suprise of my life i could not believe it photos do not tell lies take a look below.

Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

Fantastic job best £80 i have ever spent not a blemish on them and two were really badly curbed, wished i knew about this place a few weeks back when toiled for 5 days sanding down and filling the damage to the serpants then spraying with can spray that alone doing it my self cost me in the region of £135 in the end. Have told chap is name is Lee he could well get a bit of work from this club and the other side, i know were i am going to take the Hairpins i have without a doubt, i was going to ask him if he would give any discount to the club but at £20 wheel i thought it was being cheeky what do you or the other members think.

If asked he will do these in one day same price i just thought give him time he must have 70-100 pairs there when i got there and people were still turning up cheers Arctic

Give Lee a ring at http://www.citypowdercoating.co.uk/
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Sep 2011, 20:38 #11 

kandyman
Looks very good and at £20 per wheel it's cheap enough to get done every 2 years.

Really need to have a think about using theses guys as I really want my starspokes on the car.

I wonder how much postage would be ?

Steve what did they call the colour did they put on ?

Posted 15 Sep 2011, 21:05 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Andy
Think it is sparkle silver the wheels look even better in real life i dont know how they do it for the price but it is a very good job, i was quoted £90 each corner for my Serpants but done them my self i have said to lee i will be taking those to him to have done asap, dont know about posting or courier worth a call ask for Lee and say steve from the Rover club said to contact you.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Sep 2011, 23:30 #13 

Bernard
Will you now have them fitted for the weekend?
I will be very interested to see them for real.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 15 Sep 2011, 23:46 #14 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Bernard if not i will bring one over so people can take a look at the finished job Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Sep 2011, 00:19 #15 

Duncan
Right, will be using them, then. Just got to decide which wheels to get done. I want to put winter tyres on the tourer, but the only wheels I have are prefacelift (a set of crown and a set of contour), and therefore would never have been fitted on this model. I do have an extra half set of forked, but could do without buying more wheels really.

Posted 16 Sep 2011, 05:50 #16 

kandyman
Hi Duncan,

I'll have a set of forkes on mine that will become available when I save up and get my starspokes done and buy a new set of tyres for them, so early next year ;)

Posted 16 Sep 2011, 11:50 #17 

Duncan
kandyman wrote:Hi Duncan,

I'll have a set of forkes on mine that will become available when I save up and get my starspokes done and buy a new set of tyres for them, so early next year ;)

Mmm, interesting. So I could put winters on my current ones, then use these for my summer set.

PM me with an idea of how much you'd want, please.

Posted 16 Sep 2011, 18:19 #18 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Got the tyres fitted onto them now willpost photo once i have put them on the zion 190
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Sep 2011, 23:01 #19