Age UK - excellent value car insurance... by raistlin

raistlin
... NOT.

Had a letter from Age UK today telling me that I ought to take advantage of their "very special quote" on car insurance for "people like me" "Don't accept inflated prices to pay for the claims of younger drivers" Personally, I don't consider mid-fifties to be old but, if it'll save money, what the hell :)

Anyway, bearing in mind that I paid £260 this year, fully comp, all mods declared, with Sainsburys, Age UK's very special offer? £988.00

Yes - I know, ridiculous isn't it... but I wonder how many people 10 or 20 years older than I would just assume that it must be the best deal around?

I foolishly thought that Age UK were supposed to help prevent exploitation of the older members of our society?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 May 2014, 18:05 #1 

Duncan
Insurance is just plain madness. I tried some classic policies for my V6 as its 14 years old now. I think one was £2k give or take. Another gave me twice the price of a conventional policy and then immediately phoned to ask if I wanted to take the policy.

Posted 21 May 2014, 18:22 #2 

PaulT
raistlin wrote:... NOT.

Had a letter from Age UK today telling me that I ought to take advantage of their "very special quote" on car insurance for "people like me" "Don't accept inflated prices to pay for the claims of younger drivers" Personally, I don't consider mid-fifties to be old but, if it'll save money, what the hell :)

Anyway, bearing in mind that I paid £260 this year, fully comp, all mods declared, with Sainsburys, Age UK's very special offer? £988.00

Yes - I know, ridiculous isn't it... but I wonder how many people 10 or 20 years older than I would just assume that it must be the best deal around?

I foolishly thought that Age UK were supposed to help prevent exploitation of the older members of our society?

Might be the case but they possibly see those in their 50s fair game
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 May 2014, 21:48 #3 

Gate Keeper
Duncan wrote:Insurance is just plain madness. I tried some classic policies for my V6 as its 14 years old now. I think one was £2k give or take. Another gave me twice the price of a conventional policy and then immediately phoned to ask if I wanted to take the policy.

I paid £563 for the old V6, lives in London 16 years old in October. Insurance now costing more than the car is worth. 2K, what a cheek. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All the best

Phil

Posted 22 May 2014, 22:43 #4 

PaulT
You have got to go a long way to beat Insurance Wise:

insurance-for-my-75-t7988.html
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 May 2014, 06:20 #5