Abu Qatada by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Young Cleggy and old Theresa May (or may not) yopping their jaws at the big bad Courts allowing AQ out of jail and not deporting him.

So whose laws are the Judiciary enforcing? Oh yes - how conveniently forgotten by Clegg et al that politicians make the laws.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Nov 2012, 17:03 #1 

MrDoodles
Just put the murdering terrorist twat on a plane and get him out of my Country and tell the European Court of Human Rights that they can ********* off!!!

Posted 13 Nov 2012, 17:07 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Such a sorry state of affairs, one can only hope an accident may befall this person now that falling down the prison stairs is no longer an option ;)

Posted 13 Nov 2012, 17:47 #3 

Jumper
The Jordanian government has given assurances to a minister of the British government that in any trial involving Qatada the court will not hear evidence that has been obtained through torture, and he will not be tortured. Those assurances have been believed and accepted by ECHR and his earlier appeal against deportation was denied.

As a result, the Home Secretary said there were no further grounds for appeal by Qatada and his removal would now proceed. However another appeal was mounted and heard by a tribunal of lesser standing than EHCR that has found that the Home Secretary would be in breach of British law (not Human Rights law) if Qatada was deported because the tribunal does not accept Jordan’s assurances.

So this debacle continues and will now cost the country £5 million a year in surveillance etc. If the Home Secretary deports him, she goes to prison. So understandably, she won’t deport him.

Given the assurances by Jordan, I would be quite happy to see him go there - whatever the outcome. If they break those assurances, that’s their problem not ours and my conscience would not be troubled. He is after all, a Jordanian citizen. If we can not get him out by legal means then we should change the law so we can. It’s no good deliberately flouting the law, or twisting and spinning it á la Blair, because the next time it might be you or me.

The government has a record in this, ten years now, of pathetic incompetence.
You might sometimes think it was being done deliberately.

Posted 13 Nov 2012, 19:02 #4 

Borg Warner
Adjectives do not exist to describe how I feel over this. Change the law; send him back. If he is innocent he has nothing to fear. If he is guilty be a man, face your accusers and take your punishment. His ilk are very big on being martyrs.

No only de we have his security to pay for but no doubt his day-to-day living expenses too and any further costs relating to future appeals. How does all of this work?

Posted 13 Nov 2012, 19:33 #5 

raistlin
Hmm... Predictably, I suppose, gone off topic.

Not the point I was trying to raise.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Nov 2012, 19:46 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Back on topic.

The law is an Ass. The politicians that make the laws are a horses ass (sic). As you say whining on about this is not going to change the law or the way it has been implemented in this case.

Posted 13 Nov 2012, 21:08 #7 

Jumper
It’s just so predictable Paul. Everyone blames the government every time something goes wrong (daily). The government, without even a blush, tries to wriggle from the searchlight by pointing at the judiciary and scurrying about trying to look busy; scattering chaff behind it to draw fire away. All they achieve is to underline the value of an independent judiciary that won’t bend the knee to expedience.

They are so inept, clumsy, and lacking any experience in any meaningful capacity they even forget they themselves are the executive. You wouldn’t think we’d had 1000 years of parliaments to get it sometimes right. It’s as if with every government that gets elected, the clocks of human experience get reset to zero and all that collective wisdom and skill is dumped. We have more statutes in force than almost any other country because successive governments measure their ’radicalism’ by the number of new laws they make, and then blame the lawyers for the mess. The vanity of impotent men knows no bounds.

Posted 13 Nov 2012, 21:13 #8