A & L Automotive Closing by MrB

MrB
Here is the post Andy put on the club site yesterday, as I know not all of you over here on the mellow side can see what's on there

"Tommorow we close

may i first say this its been a plesure to work with john and i think he is one of the best friends i have ever had and i know he is upset about the closing down but i will still look after him

now to tell the story. the economic climate has and is the problem rent up /rates up/ utilitys up/ etc but our rates not up .

I know there is no money around and have tryed to keep things going but not enough work to do this. so after a longtime thinking i have sold the contents and myself and john to a small haulage company

i will still look after your cars but it will be by appointment only at home and not for free

i am still crying about this and will tell more when i get time but if help is needed call me

i owe a big thanks to all who know me and i owe a big thanks to john who has supported me and helped me through the bad and good times.

We will be back

andy"

Tis a sad day indeed. I have used their services a great deal. They are a great pair of lads and I will miss the banter as much as the help with my car.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 10:53 #1 

JohnDotCom
Sad news indeed, and wish Andy and John well for the future.

Unfortunately the sign of things to come over the next 5 to 6 years in the UK, :panic:
but with another 200,000+ Public Sector employees being announced they will loose their jobs, as well as many other firms we have heard about, no one is going to have much money and you will have to be very selective how that money is spent.
Only 1% wage increase for Public Sector employees, which is more than many Private companies,
Family Credit and Child allowance frozen but benefit money up over 5%. :confused: :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 13:06 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Andy and John are two fine fellows, I wish them both all best and look forward to better times.

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 13:37 #3 

Chartermark
I offer my sincere sympathy and heartfelt empathy to Andy and John

I have studied and been involved in Macro Economics all my life. Within that curtilage, we now face the severest crisis I have seen, even more dangerous than the standing armies we have withstood in our island's history.

Tragically many of us predicted this paradigm six years back, if certain practices were allowed to prevail. The crude simplicity by which world banks 'created' money by manipulation of Fractional Reserve Requirements has met the design fault of the Euro ideology head on - result perfect storm.

For too many years hedonistic Government was in denial as a cocktail of capital injection via byzantine conniptions such as PFI, quantitive easing and ephemeral taxation from Financial services, provided a false background of serenity.

We now have to face the 'write back' of these feckless intiatives, and it will take up to 30 years to re-adjust, and recognise that the Emperor really wasn't wearing any clothes!

For the next decade having a low profile to banks and costs, may be the only route map to survival for sole traders.

Andy, you have skills and obviously friends here who will stand by you. All is not lost, utilise those values (invisible to a banker these days) to survive and take each week at a time. Plan your 'cash-flow' daily, as far in advance as you can. You may well look back on this rubicond as a 'life-saver', even though it probably feels the opposite just now.

Martin

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 20:40 #4 

takestock
Wot he said :D :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 21:59 #5