Over the last couple of weekends I've been involved with the retrofitting of electric back windows to a ZT V8, the mechanical and wiring part of the upgrade had been straightforward but the stumbling block to getting them to work was down to the ZCS coding and the fact that new highline BCU (Body Control Unit)'s of the correct part number are no longer available.
Firstly a replacement BCU was fitted and configured on T4 but of course because the coding wasn't present the windows wouldn't work.
I recalculated the codes and obtained the checksums the next problem was getting a V8 to a state where it would request new ZCS codes (using the normal method for the other models doesn't work)
Thanks to some information obtained this week that confirmed what I suspected, we tried again today and sucessfully inputted the new codes and the windows now work as they should. (as does everything else)
Many thanks to Mick for letting me loose on his very nice supercharged V8 460 and having faith in me for what we were attempting to do.
Also a great deal of thanks to David and others who have helped in no small way to make it all possible.
Together we've learned a lot, done things previously thought impossible or only known to a few all of which will be used to help owners in the future.
All in all a great day.