First off, we awaited the arrival of the gentlemen who was to template the work surfaces for or new kitchen. We are having granite tops and they need to be measured and then made to measure. Problem is the sink does not fit, however we were told this was not a problem. Of course not. Chappie turned up and said he couldn't do anything without the correct sink and our supplier say a new one isn't going to delivered for another 2 weeks. See we'll see him in a fortnight.
San comes back form walking the dog only to say that whilst out Holly picked up a packet of rat poison. Phone call to vet who says bring her round straight away. Fortunately after a check over vet says she will be fine. Thank goodness for that.
Whilst trying to relax latter San says she can smell gas???? I can't smell a thing - no sense of smell. The kitchen fitters had connected the pipe for the new cooker on Tuesday and this necessitated removal of gas meter and the new cooker connection made. Phone call to the emergency NGT line and within an hour gas chappie turned up and diagnosed a leaking joint. We now have the gas disconnected with a danger notice attached. This will be reported to the HSE under RIDDOR. The list of problems grows daily with the kitchen; not least this one - they could have killed us. I shall be speaking to a director of the company which sold us the kitchen tomorrow.
And may God have mercy on his soul.